Kite Surfing "Mariana"?

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
hi Scott,

In general, people who havean intermediate level plus background in surfing, windsurfing, wakeboarding, power kiting, buggying and to some extent paragliding and snowboarding have an easier learning curve than people with no board or wind sports experience. Kitesurfing is not a hard sport to learn -- this is the fun AND the danger of it! It is very important that beginners take lessons as the kites are very powerful and instruction will help prevent "kitemares". We have taught students as young as 11... our oldest student was 68.....

In our experience, beginner students take anywhere from 6-12 hours to ge through our beginner course which consists of wind theory, weather theory, lots of safety info/theory, how to fly a kite, body drag with kite, various kite flying techniques and finally, how to waterstart and get onboard. Then students take anywhere from 2-7 more days to start to ride upwind and practice safely on their own and amongst others. So, ideally, 10 days but we have students that come for as little as 3-4 days to learn the basics, who then continue instruction in their own town.

Let me know if I can be of further help:-=)

Marina
www.kitexcite.com

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
My daughter has also Water Skiing, Snow ski besides wave surf. She will be there for only 4 days and says she WILL do this. She has absolutely no fear of anything. She is 12 but in real good shape and very accomplished. Working on her 3rd degree black belt now.

I would like her to do this but I do NOT want to do this with her. What do you offer for this?

Thanks,
Scott

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Oh Come On

Scott,

Oh come on... you would be sooooo adorable out there with her learning how to windsurf. I would LOVE to take pics of this one....

GG

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
GirlieGirl, Scott would never be able to get off the ground. Well, maybe if another hurricane passes nearby.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
caution...

marina is certaily THE expert, but he has no control over the wind.
so if your girl is only there for 4 days keep your fingers crossed that it blows.

x. (the veteran windsurfer)

see you thanxgiving.

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
OKAY ESCOTT YOU ARE ON!!!

Okay... scott... I am up for a challenge.. and I trust Marina (Hey Girl... come pick up your fliers!!!)... so Scott... what do you say now??? We both learn together... lets roll!!!!

GG

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: caution...

x_man said:
marina is certaily THE expert, but he has no control over the wind.
so if your girl is only there for 4 days keep your fingers crossed that it blows.

x. (the veteran windsurfer)

see you thanxgiving.
You coming to dinner?

Seems like something Sidney Portier would say:)

Scott

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
hi Scott,

No you don't have to be around unless you want to when your daughter takes her lessons:) Kitexcite does private instruction or semi private instruction in groups of two, sometimes 3 maximum (one instructor, 2 assistants). RE: coming during Semana Santa, this is always a crap shoot as the government shuts down water sports on the island starting on Good Friday . Cabarete has always received a special permit allowing windsurfing and now kitesurfing but you as you know with this government, it only takes one cranky official to ruin all the fun!

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
Well...

Marina and Scott... just let me know when and where.. I am bringing the camera!!! Somehow I think the pictures of scott alone would pay for the lessons.

:cool:

GG