High Maintenance in Santo Domingo

smr08

Oct 5, 2003
Hi!

I may be considered "high maintenance" once you read my questions. But they are important to me. I am planning to study abroad in Santo Domingo for three months and wanted to know the following:

Is there bottled water there by Aquafina?

What type of commercial shopping is there in the city (i.e. Old Navy, Banana Republic, etc)?

Are there Targets/Walmart stores there? If not, is there an equivalent to get any personal items?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There are upscale malls where you can get the brand name products and there are stores like Targets/Walmart.

I am assuming from your post that by Santo Domingo you mean the city of Santo Domingo.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Lots of bottled water companies -- do not recall Aquafina. You can buy Evian, Perrier, etc. but the local brands such as Agua Santa Clara (my favorite) and Crystal (one we use at home) can be bought in many supermarkets.

Regarding shopping -- lots of stores... Nautica, Guess, Facconable, Benetton....
and the local discounters such as Casa Ivelisse, Anthony's.... Also watch for season changes where if you come with US$ you will find many bargains even beyond what you get in the US for fine brands such as Max Mara line, etc.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
smr08,

You'd like to visit Acropolis Center and Bella Vista Mall. There I am sure you'll find most of what you are looking for. There are other stores spread through out town that carry Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss, Faconable etc.

For water, local brands like Cristal are perfectly fine but if you prefer, they also sell evian, Dasani(coca-cola) etc., in most gas stations and supermarkets in Santo Domingo.