I think that "J P Morgan" has finally caught on!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The same company that was "hyping" the Dr's bonds just last year,has now changed its tune! (Read Todays DR1 News Stories!)
They (JPMorgan) now has stated the earth shattering news that "Re-election is the # 1 priority of the "Hippolito" government,and not the economic stability of the country!They must be looking at the DR1 "archives" from last year.They seem to be about a year late,and billions of dollars short!!!

Things seem to be going from bad to worse!

Save your dollars they are worth more every day!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Apr 26, 2002
Now Criss, don't you go worrying about ole JP Morgan. Sure they hyped the hell out of the bonds - making the DR sound like the next Singapore. But that's what investment banks do, haven't you heard? The name "Argentina" ring a bell? They'll be okay. You see, the trusty ole IMF will come in to make sure that the foreign bond investors get paid.

So, you see, all of that "independent" and "unbiased" research and risk analysis didn't matter anyway, did it?

And don't worry about the government, either. It's a tricky balancing act to break records for theft, move as much money as you can to the Cayman Islands and leave a little left over to buy reelection, but they'll manage I'm sure, thanks, again, to the those late dollars arriving from the IMF, God bless them.

No siree. The only ones you need to worry about are the Dominican middle class. They're ones that are being snuffed out (or should I say have been snuffed out) by devaluations, taxes, fees, "austerity" plans and hopeless levels of domestic and international corruption and duplicity. Aren't you glad you're not them!

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
JPM should be more concerned about their own reckless, potentially devastating, leveraged derivatives nightmare.

The US dollar has taken a pounding this year against every significant free trading currency.
Guess what will happen if Bush is successful in getting China to float the Yuan, and Japan stops manipulating the Yen and USD.
The idiots buying massive US debt are going to get crushed, even with the higher rates they will be demanding.

Gold and gold stocks have had a great run, but they have much farther to go IMHO.