Breezes

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I was hoping that someone could give me some info on Breezes Puerto Plata. I used to live in Puerto Plata but am not familiar with this resort, my friend is going there in March and wanted some info. Is it between Sosua and Cabarete or closer to Puerto Plata. Also can someone tell me if the restaurant named LaPuntilla de Pierfiorgio is still in operation in Sosua - what a great place!! Also, is Hemmingways still in the Play Dorado complex ? Please any updates of where the best places to go are for great meals and nightlife (when I lived there Andromeda and Caligua were the hot spots - 8 years ago!!!!)
Any info would be helpful - last time I was there was 5 years ago to visit all my old friends but they have all left the country now!!

maryanne

Mar 16, 2003
Andromeda is still closed for renovations. Crazy Moon is just around the corner.

Maryanne

laura h

Oct 1, 2003
from what i hear the old andromeda is being changed to time share appartments.

hemmingways is on the puerto plata complex but i have to say what i saw of it this year was nothing to last year. its gone downhill in a big way.

crazy moon is still good - and they extra large smirnoff ice bottles (compared with whats on offer in the uk anyway !)

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Thank you so much

Thanks so much for replying so quickly. Now that you say Sol de Plata, I think I know which one it is now. Used to spend some time in Cabarete because there was a great place to get a Spanish Omelette. I don't know if anyone remembers the little restaurant that a couple of girls from Spain used to own right by the Brugal factory - they had awesome omelettes there!!
What hotel is Crazy Moon in - I can't remember. I used to work at Puerto Plata Village and a brief stint at Playa Naco in guest services, then went on to Dial A Bet - was there for a couple of years but I realize so much has changed. That is why I appreciate the help from you folks that are still living in/visiting the DR. I am shocked to hear Hemmingways is going down hill - do they have new owners or do Tuti and Cessa still own it (you realize that I most likely spelt those names wrong!!!). Anyway - thanks again - and To Fire Guy - greetings from Northwestern Ontario!

laura h

Oct 1, 2003
when i was going Hemmingways 2 years ago it was really pumping and had a great atmosphere - this year it was completely different - maybe i caught it on a couple of bad nights.

i think the crazy moon is in the paradise hotel ( i could be wrong - someone correct me if i am !) - its literally around the courner from the Ventana hotel if thats any help!