I wish...

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
To all of the regulars on this message board - I just wish that I had met all of you while I was living in PP. Being the oldest of the group of girls that I worked with and hung out with, it could get a little too much for me at times. It was fun but I wasn't into picking up Dominican men - just there to learn the culture and the language as well as slow down the hectic pace of life. It would of been wonderful to have helpful people so close by when life became a challenge. I lived there for 2 years and then returned to Canada but the DR will always be #1 in my heart. I think that this message board is a fantastic thing and you are all so full of knowledge and good insight that is seems to help everyone involved.
Keep up the good work - and if I ever get a chance to go back down I would appreciate a chance to meet some of you.
Thanks for providing hours of enjoyment reading all the messages!
Sincerely,
Marlie

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And I am sure you will be welcomed

And IF you care to share what you learned here,please feel free...

Two years in POP.. My oh my....

And of course we are hoping you can make it back here.

HB

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
okay...

Hillbilly,
I am not quite sure what you went by "my oh my" and so my curiosity abounds !!
2 years wasn't enough for me but circumstances in Canada (ailing mother whom passed on right after my return) brought me back. My actual plan was to island hop, trying out different areas and eventually ending up in the Caymans - but once you get to the DR - you just - well you know.
Anyway, thank you for your response and yes I will share some experiences if anyone is interested - they just have to give me an example of what they want to know.
If anyone knows Chris and Mady from Cofresi - say hi to them for me. Chris is originally from Winnipeg, MB and has a home and restaurant on Cofresi Beach, they took me in when I first moved there and helped me get into the Dominican groove to which I was forever grateful. Good people !
Marlie

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Marlie!

marliejaneca said:
I think that this message board is a fantastic thing and you are all so full of ...
I was reading your post with interest when I got to this part and my heart skipped a beat and I thought, "Oh no! Here we go again!" I was sure I knew what one of several possible English and/or Spanish words were coming next! But you surprised me, and restored my tattered faith in DR1 humanity after today's attacks by completing the thought thusly ...
marliejaneca said:
I think that this message board is a fantastic thing and you are all so full of knowledge and good insight that is seems to help everyone involved.
I don't know how much Robert paid you to say that, but Thank You! Made my night!

Tom (aka XR)