Solution To The Electric Problem

ECH714

Mar 12, 2003
Long time absence but had to share this with my DR-1 friends.
Reply from a Cape Town friend on hearing of the power problems.
ECH (aka DOC)

Sounds like the money is still being stolen, There are other countries in a position like the D.R. that have power ... example South Africa, they have NO Oil, import it all and have one atomic plant ... there is plenty of power and no cuts ... the difference is that some time ago the government realised that the "Kaffirs" and a few others would never pay for the power and would instead steal when they could and if they had meters would simply not pay and it was too dangerous to go into these areas to disconnect them (Really dangerous people live there!!!) .... so they had a solution, a box was installed at the power point but it was a signal box, more like a phone .... you buy a "Power Card" at a bank, post office etc and then take it home .. then with the box you can buy a certain number of KWH's for your home .. the box sends a signal to the main power point many miles away and you are switched on, the measurement is done miles away also! No way to cheat the system and no way to tap the lines for free power ... its foolproof, you should have heard the s.o.b.'s scream when the system was installed ... but it works and everyone pays ... IN ADVANCE!!! The govt can't steal the money as the banks and other financial authorities pay for the oil and gas etc directly to save management expenses, the system really works and power is not expensive ... so you see, even in a third world country the system can work if you go about it the right way ... you simply have to fix it so that the crooked, stealing, s.o.b.'s can't win!!!!

Apr 26, 2002
ECH714 said:
The govt can't steal the money as the banks and other financial authorities pay for the oil and gas etc directly to save management expenses, the system really works

For the above reason, this idea has the same chance that Poland had in WWII.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Damn!

Porfio_Rubirosa said:
ROTFLMAO! You beat me to the same punch line by half a mouse-click! Too true!

ECH714

Mar 12, 2003
FOLLOW UP REPLY

YOU MUST READ THE LAST SENTENCE TO PUT IT ALL IN PROPER CONTEXT....THEN IT WORKS....

you simply have to fix it so that the crooked, stealing, s.o.b.'s can't win!!!!

Apr 26, 2002
Don't get me wrong, Ech, I think it's a fabulous idea. It's just that the DR is so completely debilitated by corruption right now that nothing is possible. Maybe in a few years?

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Hardee-Har-Har-Har!

ECH714 said:
you simply have to fix it so that the crooked, stealing, s.o.b.'s can't win!!!!
Don't get me wrong, I thought that was a fabulous idea, had never considered that myself, and thank you very much for sharing it. My world enlarged greatly with that knowledge. Really! For once I am not being patronizing. But then you're not LTSnidelyWhiplash. :: smile ::

The problem here is that the electric company is the government and the government is the electric company and they both exist just to rob the other at the expense of the people. Solve that one without having people kill the governors.

Maybe, Porfio, we could extend this idea a little? Instead of pre-paid electric cards, how about pre-paid government cards? Instead of voting we just by a card that gives El Buro, say 1 week of time, and if he doesn't produce we don't buy any more El Buro cards, we go to the Colmado and pick up a Fernandez one. Or a Schwarzenegger one? How's that for the ultimate responsibility?

Tom (aka XR)

Apr 26, 2002
Re: Hardee-Har-Har-Har!

XanaduRanch said:
Maybe, Porfio, we could extend this idea a little? Instead of pre-paid electric cards, how about pre-paid government cards? Instead of voting we just by a card that gives El Buro, say 1 week of time, and if he doesn't produce we don't buy any more El Buro cards, we go to the Colmado and pick up a Fernandez one. Or a Schwarzenegger one? How's that for the ultimate responsibility?

Tom (aka XR)

I wouldn't let my daughter buy the Clinton card, though.

Last edited: