I told you so Guido

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
It has been quite a while I mentioned Guido Gomez Mazara as one of the reputed drug lord suspects the U.S. government was investigating. The confirmation of his cancelled U.S. visa back in December came as no surprise to me. I knew it then, and knew it was coming. But most of Hippos administration is in the same boat.

Hippo is sorrounded by criminal elements worthy of an organized crime family. The number of assassinations among his own crew is a legacy of high crime. From the Trio Cafe massacre to the Nagua triple killing/burning, dead generals, high police officials and even senators, there is little space for waste.

This is not the end of the announcements by U.S. foreign officials. I expect stronger language coming from the State department regarding Guido and Hippos palace mafia. Guido was selected as a target for the message. Guido did not heed the warning to step out the Presidential Legal Counsel office for good. He took a leave of absence supposedly for the re-election campaign, but returned without reason, when the campaign is in full swing!!!
Obviously, Colin Powell did not want Guido to return to his desk. He hoped Guido would stay away for good. But for reasons which I can speculate, he returned to the palace and Powell pulled the carpet from under him. Powell may not only pull the visa. He mey press for indictments. The U.S. is in a full press to uncover under the table dealings at Hippos palace, including money laundering. They will not stop now.

Guido is not only in trouble in the U.S., but he has a lot of explaining to do in Europe, specially France and the DEA there. Notice also how clever of the State department to use a junior diplomat in Puerto Rico to leak the reason for the cancellation of the Guido visa. U.S. policy is very leery of declaring the reasons for a visa denial in the press and in public. But an example is being set here with a clear message......GEORGE BUSH is sick and tired of HIPPO and his mafia.

Along with Guido and Pepe Goico I have my feelings about my favorite crooks in the PPH, like the Lebanese connection, the Customs terminator crew, the agriculture department smugglers, the interior department weapons dealers, the finance department peso destruction crew and the police-military crime traffickers, including the Navy "illegal boat people trip mafia.

This will be an interesting fall season for crooks. I believe Guido wanted to be pretty close to the palace to try to block the bombs coming from the U.S. He figured he could not afford to be campaigning and risking somebody using his desk would have sensitive stuff land in his or her lap without him knowing it. He paid dearly for it. He only has a few choices...resign, get fired by Hippo or demand an explanation from the U.S. Embassy hoping the whole thing was a nightmare.

TW

TW

Apr 26, 2002
300 soldiers in Iraq and being a US proxy against Hugo Chavez are all Bush cares about. Drug/arms/people trafficking are always okay in any Rebublican adminsitration's eyes as long as the perpetrators are "allies" in whatever the war 'd juer is.

Hippo will be fine.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Guido update

Guido just called a press conference to deny the charges made by the U.S. government which caused the cancellation of his visa. He claims in a written communique which will be published in the papers that the United States is trying to "liquidate him politically"

Of course, his response is a joke. What reason would the U. S. have to punish a Hippo "lambon" and "limpiasaco" like Guido. The reasons are deeper and they have nothing to do with politics.

Of course, Guido used the old tarnished tactic of "retaining U.S. lawyers to defend his credibility and honor". Everyone knows that this is just a smokescreen used by Dominican politicians to cover up their tracks and leaving the whole thing at the hands of public opinion, thinking the people always forget about the so-called legal demand.

It is idiotic to think that Guido and some cheap U.S. lawyers can mend the damage. This is as stupid as the case where the Philadelphia policemen who accused Pe?a Gomez of involvement with some drug dealers in Pennsylvania. Hippo and our foreign minister announced they retained lawyers in the U.S. to clear Pe?a Gomez memory. We never heard from them again. Hippo will never erase the court trsncripts mentioning the "Haitian" in this case.
What a
f-cking joke. Who is Guido trying to fool?

TW

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Of course Guido is gonna talk that BS, man..............whatever, man. He did what he did, got caught and now is trying to feed pure bullshit into people's heads. A few years ago Boruga the comedian had a survey on a radio show and asked people who they thought was getting out of hand and thought they were running things, the one that got the most nominations was Guido Gomez Mazara. Golo, you are the man. We should get to talking about DR things more often, specially around end of year when the doble sueldos kick in. I'll be down there around that time and see things first-hand. Keep giving us the juicy info.

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Jon S......would you mind explaining the "doble sueldo"....who gets them .....for how much....how long has it been going on...etc

thanks

Last edited:

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Golo100 said:
Along with Guido and Pepe Goico I have my feelings about my favorite crooks in the PPH, like the Lebanese connection, the Customs terminator crew, the agriculture department smugglers, the interior department weapons dealers, the finance department peso destruction crew and the police-military crime traffickers, including the Navy "illegal boat people trip mafia.

Dont forget the Energy Mafia!!

pasha

Sep 4, 2003
Anyone going for an advanced.....

Golo100 said:
TW
university degree in international relations should be monitoring DR1 and especially threads like this one. Good on you all!

The Lebanese comment rings especially true....they literally run the economies of West [Francofone] Africa...including the blood diamond trade in Sierra Leone. You want to get ahead down there then you best get in tight with the Levantines.

Thanks, P

Lissa

Aug 7, 2003
www.lldesigndr.com
while more they got , more they want

I guess that guido (who is comming from a poor family) is drunk about money and power.. Since the very first month in his job the comments began all over..I heard about somebody who paid him 1 million pesos (cash) from the former government because otherwise guido would put him in jail .Like this case there are many, in fact his personal life is such a mess (as I heard) his giving away 3 or 4 million pesos apartment for his lover and his wife left him..This is not what we care about , we care about the discredit that this government is leading for this country...
Always since Pe?a gomez the prd have been linked to the narcotraffic, every time they win the drug and the crimes here are a daily issue..
I guess that Hippo sent the soldiers to IRAK thinking that the US will give them the green light to do whatever they want..
Guido watch out the ball is bouncing very very close to you..

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Just about everyone in the government gets a 'doble sueldo' at the end of every calendar year. I heard that last year no one received it. Even private enterprises give them out. When I worked at a TV station in Santo Domingo, I received it too. It goes away really quick for most people due to bad spending habits. I don't know how long it's been going on but probably for a long time.

An Evil

Aug 11, 2003
It's the law. We get paid 13 monthly salaries a year, two on December. Look up the C?digo de Trabajo at www.set.gov.do.

Dominican governments, in their eternal accountability, are the slowest when it comes to paying doble sueldos. If any private company were as bad as the government, the owners would end up in jail, amazingly enough. That's not saying that there aren't companies that delay these payments, but they have to pet their employees a lot to buy the extra time. Usually, they meet the deadline for the lower workers, and try to buy a few weeks (or months) from their staff members.

Companies should also pay 10% of their net earnings in bonuses to employees. The actual amount of your bonus is restricted based on your current salary and seniority in the company. A lot of companies avoid paying bonuses through accounting schemes. Other companies just pay a 14th salary and call it a day. There's a good deal of companies that pay bonuses properly, but I wouldn't know if they are in the majority. Seems to me they are fewer and fewer every day.

Last edited:

PhMB

Sep 30, 2003
Companies should also pay 10% of their net earnings in bonuses to employees. The actual amount of your bonus is restricted based on your current salary and seniority in the company. A lot of companies paying bonuses through accounting schemes. Other companies just pay a 14th salary and call it a day. There's a good deal of companies that pay bonuses properly, but I wouldn't know if they are in the majority. Seems to me they are fewer and fewer every day

aren't you communist ?

An Evil

Aug 11, 2003
Citing existing law makes me a communist? Or is my personal and admittedly uninformed perception of how companies do their accounting injected with Leninist doctrine? Or you are teasing me and I bit the bait. I'll take the latter.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't worry "EVIL",I don't think the comment carries any weight!

It was made by someone who I believe has no idea of the labor laws,and/or "Traditions" here in the DR! I got what you said! We might also tell how employers hire people for less that 3 months so they don't have to pay any benefits!And fire them before Christmas,and give no bonus'!CC

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
In my experience I have always seen that doble in christmas and a bonus around april/may if not another doble.
That is as far as companies go and I understand that norm is supervised, but can anyone tell me if private home labor is the same way. Do people here pay a doble to their cleaning lady, the jardinero or the chofer? What about their medical? Who takes care of them?

BTW, what happened to the Guido topic?I guess it wasnt as interesting as our current labor laws and practices. :bored:

Last edited: