Will business be made to pay?

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
From DR1 News
El Caribe's headline today says that businesses could see a 50% increase in the power bills.

In the last 2 years, I have seen the monthly electric bill for the company go from, $45,000. U.S. dollars a month to $90,000.:mad:

The last 5 months, the brain trust back home has been very interested in installing our own full time generation plant, and disconnecting from the grid.:bunny: :bunny:

The last 2 months, have been filled with weekly meetings, with quote's and proposals.:bored:

They all subscribe to DR1, daily news.
The President & VP, are probably sitting in their office right now, planning a Monday video conference call, about this item!:angry::angry:
This is going to make the ROI, that they have been dragging their feet over, go right the window!!!!!:laugh: :laugh:

I'll keep you up-dated.

IMHO
I'm wondering if the Government just forecasted the amount the pesos is going to depreciate the next few months, and that?s why the increase is going only to revenue generators?

Thanks
Tim H.:cool:

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would think

That there has to be a point on the graph where the cost of electricity intersects with the cost of producing your own electricity.

As long as the current government is in power and for some time after, I am afraid, the energy crisis will be very real. Many, many people are doing the same studies, believe me.

Depending on the size of your needs, you might qualify, under existing laws, to become a producer...and sell the excess to the grid...

I realize that you can't put up windmills and solar panels to keep that puppy running!! but CAT might help finance the move. You should talk to Jos? Ml. Paliza, the guy knows a lot about this...

HB

Lurch

Aug 8, 2003
Nahh

The ROI is just going to scream CHINA, or even Mexico with all of the business running out to China, Mexico is just screaming for companies. Plus you have the benefit of Nafta and shipping via truck.

Afterall, who do you think is going to pay when the economic bomb goes off? Isn't going to be the ghetto dwellers or the politicos.....

Plus you are going to pay for all those fat generals' electricity as well.....oh my that que is just getting longer by the moment.