Plastic Surgery

fyasi

Oct 11, 2003
Does anyone know what the cost for Plastic Surgery is in the D.R. with a good doctor. I have heard that is cheaper here then in North America. I am thinking of having some surgery here but I am wondering how would know if I'm getting a good price. The prices I'm being quoted by the Doctors over the phone are almost the same as Canada so there would be no reason I would have in the D.R. instead. I am a bit suprize since I heard lots of people go to the D.R. for elective surgeries since its more affordable. I'm also planning a referal service in the future if it is more affordable. Can anyone tell me if I'm getting the fair prices or maybe not? Please help!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You did not say what proceedure you are talking about????

If you are calling from Canada to the DR,then you must be calling a Plastic Surgery Center internationally known,with international prices! I would not have a "Penile Implant" done here,the plastic surgery proceedure,not the sexual "Implant"! But I might have my eyelids trimmed up! CC

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I just don't know what these people are all talking about, there are many good plastic surgeons in DR who have been graduated from foreign countries and practicing here. The majority of their clients are from USA, canada and europe. Since they are not paying zillion dollars / year on mal-practice insurance they are able to offer great prices as compared to usa. I personaly know 3 doctors but i will give you numbers of 2.
Dr. Roberto Guerrero daniel
av. Independencia No. 1061, Santo Domingo.
Tele: 809 221 9513 also 809-689-7777 / 2222
cel: 809 343 7218

WWW.guerreroplastic.com

He is a very nice guy who speaks english like americans and has almost all foreign clients. He is highly recommended.

Dr. Luis Lopez tallaz
Santiago.
Here is his webpage:
http://lopeztallaj.com/

They are both foreign graduates and have many client from foreign countries. If they were really that risky and had done such a bad job then why is it they are busy performing surgeries even on sundays? Why would people keep coming to them (referrals) from as far away as europe?

They are both quite wealthy and proud of their work.

P.S. ( Now for men) I have seen better hair implant job done in DR than from expensive estabishments in USA. Carlos went to have his hair implant procedure done in Bosley institute and another procedure in miami. He has hair but the scalp is full of dotted scars. He is worse off now than before. He has to cover his hair in a manner to avoid showing his scars. Real bad job from USA. Then I have seen a hair implant procedure from SD and I couldn't even tell it was an implant. I mean, it was such a clean job. Another person got the same quality job done in La vega. Now who would think La vega would have surgeons performing hair implant procedure which rival Bosley institute in USA. Their prices are way way lower than in USA. Don't be surprised if AZB shows up with a full head of hair in the near future.

T

TiberiusMineola

Which MDs?? Responses from Pleased Patients??

I like AZB's reply; very specific, with names of MDs & web sites. Thank you AZB - who I believe is a chiropractor - for a positive contribution. Costa Rica &, to a lesser extent, Mexico have become plastic [or cosmetic] surgery centers with apparently booming industires & satisfied patients. Surgeons in these countries simply don't make $250K - $750K per year. I would like to hear from DR1 participnts, either living in the DR, North America, or Europe, who have actually had plastic surgery here - ie the DR; with his/her actual experiences & the names & phone #s of specific MDs. Possible point of interest? I was considering dental implants, pondering whether to have them in the USA [ $$$! ] or the DR; [expensive, but affordable]. I decided on the DR. So far, I'm very pleased & a few thousand dollars ahead of the game. Smart move in the long run?? Time will tell. Thank you.

fyasi

Oct 11, 2003
thanks for information

Thanks for the information, It would be great if there is anyone who has had surgery in the D.R. can tell their personal experience. Also if anyone has any idea of the Prices?

Face lift?
Tummy Tuck?
Breast Implant?
Breast Lift?
Breast Reducation?
Liposucation?
Hair Transplant?

Please submit any pricing info if you have any idea????

Last edited:

sable227

Aug 11, 2003
This is just my take on it. The female POV. I looked up the sites of both doctors listed above and I was impressed with their credentials. I think you would be in safe hands with either of them.

Whatever you do or wherever you have the procedure done just make sure you check the credentials. Too many people are getting into the plastic-surgery business as it is a money maker.

Do your research before you select a doctor and you should be fine.

I too have seen some bad hair transplants that were done in the US. You could use the hair plugs as a an embroidery pattern

Tiggercndo1

Feb 6, 2002
Re: thanks for information

fyasi said:
Thanks for the information, It would be great if there is anyone who has had surgery in the D.R. can tell their personal experience. Also if anyone has any idea of the Prices?

Face lift?
Tummy Tuck?
Breast Implant?
Breast Lift?
Breast Reducation?
Liposucation?
Hair Transplant?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
There was a post about this before so you can search the archives. I remembered posting that Brazil has the largest plastic surgery percentages amoung the population and people didn't believe me so I looked it up on the net and posted it. I think almost everyone there has had the surgery.

Scott

fyasi

Oct 11, 2003
Why Do Dominican Republic doctors over charge

I can understand why all the doctors( Plastic surgeon) in the Dominican try to over charge you this is not a good way of doing business. for god sake if you can get an idea what the prices are anyway and they should be cheaper in dominican then in canada so why are all the doctors trying to over charge. I'm not stupid to go to a different country to pay more for surgery if I can get the same prices at home. It seems a simple concept but so many well educated doctors including the two listed above have quoted me prices that I know the do not charge local clients otherwise, No one would use their services. I was potentially going to bring a lot of my money and spend it in the dominican but obiviosly they don't need my money. The economy there must be outstanding. Does anyone know a doctor who will charge dominican prices to a foreignor??? Please let me know!!! immediatly I was under the impression they wanted tourist to come and spend money regardless if I'm a health tourist. Money in the economy is good for everybody isn't it???

Last edited:

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
This is dominican hospitality !

@Fyasi

The Dominican economy is undergoing a huge crisis and I am afraid it will be worse in the next few months. This does not impress these people: One of the nice features of Dominicans (of course every rule has its exceptions) is alsways to overcharge foreigners following the simple rule: White skin-Rich man !

fyasi

Oct 11, 2003
Thanks everyone for your help!I have decided to have my surgery in Toronto, Canada. My home so I will not be spending my money in the Dominican, Since the economy is doing so well. I found all the plastic surgeons except for the ones who did not speak english and I could not communicate with, charging me prices very close to canadian prices. So I decided to do it with my doctor who is the head of the canadian plastic surgery association to be cheaper then the surgeons in the dominican. Very hard to believe but very true.

Fazela

Eduard10

Nov 24, 2003
Re: thanks for information

fyasi said:

Face lift?
Tummy Tuck?
Breast Implant?
Breast Lift?
Breast Reducation?
Liposucation?
Hair Transplant?

I know that Dra. Alba Reyes is doing Hair Transplant surgeries, she is the pioneer expert in this field in Dominican Republic, she is doing mega-sessions (she transplant 3000-6000 follicles per section) and she is much less expensive compare to any similar clinic in the USA or in Europe.

leeds

Mar 15, 2006
dr alba reyes,question?

has anyone had a transplant with this DR? not second hand stories but personal experience. thanks

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
AZB what do you know about the Plastic Surgeons at the Clinica Corominas, I have some relatives who had surgery with one of those doctors. One had the vaginal reconstruction the others have had lipo, tummy tuck.
Are these doctors well known? thanks

maria blauth

Jul 21, 2006
costa rica, maybe?

I would say, go to costa rica. There are good and bad docs, though you have to do your research. I would highly suggest dr. bernardo peralta. I?ve visited from the states twice. He does great work.
Though, do your research on where to stay. Do not stay at the Marta Quiros recovery home. Horror story!! The dog peed on my bed, twice. She borrows money from guests, her and her children come in without knocking, the meals that are included are enough to feed a child, not an adult, overall extremely unprofessional!!!