Embarassment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Once again some Dominicans have embarassed the DR.

Pedro Martinez throwing at a Yankee's head. I have no problems with pitchers brushing back a batter or even throwing at one but you only throw at a batters head for 2 reasons.
1. The other teams pitcher threw at your batters head.
2. The Batter slept with your wife.

Manny Ramirez showing what a coward he is. That Pitch wasn't even that far inside. If Clemmons want to bean him he would have done it.

Back to Pedro. I guess he can't dig up the Babe to put a hurting on him so he took it out on a 70 year old coach. What a man!

I said that the Yankees are the team to beat but I was rooting for the SOX. Now after these to lowlifes actions I am Pulling for the Yankees all the way.

Now I will stand aside and read all of the Dominicans blame others and defend these 2 Chopos actions.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I am a HUGE yankees fan and that was the most intense game I have seen in a very long time.

As far as Pedro throwing at Karim Garcias head, that is part of the game. I think Pedro was thinking:
1) I dont have my best stuff today and I gave up 4 runs already and
2) Clemens is pitching a good game aginst us, so...

Why dont I plunk Garcia (doing so also set-up a double play and a force at home). More importantly,doing so will get both benches warned and Clemens will come back and retaliate and in doing so get ejected from the game. Then our lineup will be able to beat the Yankee bullpen.

Who knows what he was thinking. Anyway, hitting batters is part of the game.

As far as Pedro throwing Zimmer to the ground, I watched the tape a dozen times or more and I personally give Pedro the benefit of the doubt. Zimmer did sort of swing at Pedro and Pedro did sidestep Zimmer. A fight was about to break out and Pedro reacted to someone coming at him. If he had hit Zimmer , I would have a BIG problem with it. But he didnt and I give him the benefit of the doubt.

As far as Manny Ramirez goes, he is a big punk. That pitch wasn't anywhere near him and he just wanted to act like a tough guy. If he was so tough, he wouldnt stand there cursing but would have charged the mound. In that case Clemens would have tought him a lesson. Manny is a big dumb piece of trash.
Larry

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Like I always say.

"It ain't easy being a Sox fan"

Be a Yankee fan, that's easy. just sit back and win.

That, essentially is the definition of "America's team".

wow....that's deep.

Kaylie1

Jun 17, 2002
Manny may have overreacted to the pitch, but he's had pitches thrown at him on numerous occasions and he knows Clemen's reputation as a headhunter. Maybe the pitch from Clemens didn't look at bad watching it on TV, but if you're standing in the batter's box and see a pitch come up and inside like that, you take it differently. The umpires should have ejected Zimmer on the spot for rushing across the field and attacking Pedro as he stood there. If that was some idiot fan they'd be sitting in jail now. Being an old shouldn't be an excuse for such immature and unprofessional behavior.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Whats the big deal?

The Yankees and the Red Sox hate each other. The game was being pitched by two of the best headhunters in the game:pedro and Clemens. Some heads were bound to be cut off.

Clemens almost killed Mike Piazza once. Clemens is the leader of all head hunters. Both the NL and AL series are honored with having some of the great headhunters in the game. Kerry Wood is a great one. He has 40 heads this year.

I watched the Pedro vs Zimmer no-contest. Zimmer thought he was back to his early days in the 60s when he used to be a bully. He has the scars to prove it. He picked the wrong place, time and person for his next fight, which could have been his last. He was lucky Pedro did not hit him with a punch. He never tried. Pedro just wanted to shove this old jelly bag aside and be ready for other Yankees coming at him. He waited, but they never came. The Yanks were chasing the wrong guys.

Maybe this will wake up the dying Red Sox. With their terrible hitting they may not be ready to face the slamming Cubs. I now prefer to see a Yankee-Cubs series. Boston is an embarrassment. They have no coaching. They will lose now or later.

TW

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
The Yanks were chasing the wrong guys.--Golo

I agree. Nobody took the opportunity to go after Pedro. He was the one who started the whole mess. I said that guys getting hit by pitches is part of the game. Guys charging the mound in retaliation is part of the game too. Garcia,Posada and a few others should have made a bee-line for Pedro as soon as the benches cleared.
Larry

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
The Yanks are pussycats

Karim Garcia, Posada and Manny Ramirez are three big punks. Ramirez should have charged the mound and go after Clemens just to prove a point. Karim is a stupid jerk and a coward. He just stood there knowing Pedro was ready to take his head off. Posada, just like his name implies, was just taking poses. Pedro was even challenging him and pointing to his head again, like saying...you are next Puerto Rican punk!!!

I guarantee you Pedro is ready for next year. I am not sure he will get to pitch again, since the Yanks are sweeping the next games. But he will get to Posada next year. Watch out Posada and have your bat ready, because Pedro is coming after you. He is not afraid.

Karim should try to imitate Mike Piazza when he went after Paniagua. You just dont stand there.

And dont forget, that the best pitchers in history are headhunters all, except the professor Maddux, the most boring super-pitcher in baseball. If you dont throw inside, and I mean deep inside, you have no heart. Now, I am going to watch the Cubs game.

TW

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
Larry (ILoveDR) said:
I am a HUGE yankees fan and that was the most intense game I have seen in a very long time.

As far as Pedro throwing at Karim Garcias head, that is part of the game. I think Pedro was thinking:
1) I dont have my best stuff today and I gave up 4 runs already and
2) Clemens is pitching a good game aginst us, so...

Why dont I plunk Garcia (doing so also set-up a double play and a force at home). More importantly,doing so will get both benches warned and Clemens will come back and retaliate and in doing so get ejected from the game. Then our lineup will be able to beat the Yankee bullpen.

Who knows what he was thinking. Anyway, hitting batters is part of the game.

As far as Pedro throwing Zimmer to the ground, I watched the tape a dozen times or more and I personally give Pedro the benefit of the doubt. Zimmer did sort of swing at Pedro and Pedro did sidestep Zimmer. A fight was about to break out and Pedro reacted to someone coming at him. If he had hit Zimmer , I would have a BIG problem with it. But he didnt and I give him the benefit of the doubt.

As far as Manny Ramirez goes, he is a big punk. That pitch wasn't anywhere near him and he just wanted to act like a tough guy. If he was so tough, he wouldnt stand there cursing but would have charged the mound. In that case Clemens would have tought him a lesson. Manny is a big dumb piece of trash.
Larry

Pigs Fly. I actually agree with you for once Laurence. That old fart shouldn't have went at Pedro like he was some 22yo young buck. I mean what was Pedro supposed to do? He's human and when someone comes at you like that, your natural reaction is to defend yourself. He didn't smack the senior citizen or punch him.. just shoved him... I don't think he meant it.

The yankees are tacky... How are they going to beat up that red sox grounds worker? News said he had cleet marks on his face so they were stomping him.... tackheads.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Common theme among them all.

Saw another hitter flip out for a ball "near" his head today.

Those Dominicans are ruining my game.

Before you shit your tounge, I'm kidding.:lick:

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Pedro did not embarrased the Dominican Republic why everything that a Dominican does reflect on the DR i can careless about Martines however when an American does the same on the Baseball field nothing happens.

try to start fire elsewhere this is just a game and a very serious one for alot of pockets

P/S keep watching Baseball and you might learn one or two things.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Kaylie1 said:
Manny may have overreacted to the pitch, but he's had pitches thrown at him on numerous occasions and he knows Clemen's reputation as a headhunter. Maybe the pitch from Clemens didn't look at bad watching it on TV, but if you're standing in the batter's box and see a pitch come up and inside like that, you take it differently. The umpires should have ejected Zimmer on the spot for rushing across the field and attacking Pedro as he stood there. If that was some idiot fan they'd be sitting in jail now. Being an old shouldn't be an excuse for such immature and unprofessional behavior.
I agree with Zimmer deserving what he got but that pitch wasn't even inside at all. Just high. It was over the plate.

Zimmer deserved what he got albeit Pedro had been threatening to bean Yankees by pointing to his head anto the dugout. Zimmer takes this personally since in the early 50's he was in a coma for 3 weeks because of being beaned.

Age has nothing to do with what is right and what is wrong but Manny, give me a friggen break.

The groundskeeper got his upcomings. Let him take his trash talking somewhere else.
Scott

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
ERICKXSON said:
And tonight the DEATH OF THOSE MARLINS.

Anyone wants some fry fish SAMANA' styleeeeeeeeee.................

Wow you must be Psychic or Psychotic!

A 2 hitter! back to Wrigley.
Doesn't matter who wins. The Yankees are going to win it all

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
There were two policemen in the bullpen when Nelson and Garcia attacked the groundskeeper. According to the Boston Police report, it was an unprovoked attack and the matter is still under police investigation.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Next they will be blaming Dominicans for the lack of stability in certain Arab states.

This is about baseball players, not being Dominican.

Jesus, your chip is slowly turning into a bag of potatoes.

Thread Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.