useful tips

SFgal

Oct 9, 2003
WOW . . . lots of angry people out there!

While I appreciate the few (VERY FEW) helpful tips about getting to Cuba from DR, I certainly did not intend to start a firestorm of judgments and criticisms.

Please ONLY provide any useful tips on traveling to Cuba from the Dominican. If you feel the need to use this forum as your personal soap box . . . feel free to start your own thread.

Thanks for your HELPFUL hints!

Matt & Nan

Sep 19, 2003
I do apologize to you. I should have never made the comment since it did not help your question. I have been to Cuba from Mexico and Miami but not from the DR. You cought me at a bad moment. I am not an angry person at all.

Again, to you and all that were bothered with this stupidity.

I apologize.

Matt

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Scott,

The last I heard about the cruise from POP which stopped in Santiago de Cuba, CU and/or Montego Bay, JA; depending on which cruise length you took - was that it had gone under leaving many unpaid debts. It was called the Caribic Star and the website http://www.caribicstar.com is not working, although it was working even after I had heard about it's demise.

SFgal

See Emely Tours at http://www.emelytours.com.do/vuelos.php?iddestino=2 for flight info to Havana and Santiago de Cuba from Santo Domingo. the airline code CU is Cubana, I believe but I am not familiar with 7L which is shown for Santiago de Cuba. Prices and frequency are given.

Gregg

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Alas, the Caribic Star is not sailing any longer. Too many repairs required as far as I can find out. Friends of mine sailed on the final voyage and reached neither Cuba, nor Jamaica. Instead, they wallowed for three days on the ocean somewhere on the boat, while the crew tried to carry out some serious repairs.

I'd love to know about your trip if you get to go!

Scott, if you're in Alberto's office, and look out the window, you can see the blue Caribic Star right in the POP harbor.