Top 10 places to visit in the dr?

norman

Apr 10, 2003
www.muskokaweddings.com
Ok so you have already done the all-inclusives and now you want to traval outside throughout the countryside- anywhere in the Dr. If you had 7 days in the dr where you you go and stay? What trips excursions would you take?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Now, if I had seven days to simply play - this is what I'll do - possibly not in order of importance or sequence.

Two days in Jarabacoa river rafting and waterfall jumping.
One day driving to Punta Rusia and enjoying the area there.
Next day to Puerto Plata to go up the mountain with the cable car.
Next day quick look at Sosua and spend the day on Cabarete Beach.
Next day slow drive down to Las Terrenas and one day to enjoy Samana.
Next day to the Capitol - three days in the Capitol - take some city tours, simply walk through the Colonial Zone for hours and hours and in the evenings go for drinks with Jan.
If there are any days left in the seven days, visit Santiago, stay at Camp David for a nice meal in the evening watching the lights go on in the City.

I asked my husband where he'd want to go with seven days to play - he was much more concise - Cabarete, Jarabacoa and the Capitol.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hillbilly's Top ten places to visit

Pico Duarte., highest point in the Caribbean
Saman?, most beautiful place here, maybe anywhere
Punta Ruc?a, if the a$$holes from Paradise Tours ever leave it alone
Museo de las Casas Reales-verygood place to visit
A walk down Conde Street. People watch.
La Romana: the Lap of Luxury
El Morro in Montecristi: A very impressive place, not that hospitable, but impressive.
The Neiba Forest Reserve as close to the Haitian border as you can get.
Constanza and Jarabacoa

Maybe the Beach at macao--25 kilometers of unbroken beach...

HB

Johy

Sep 15, 2003
www.worldisround.com
Ummm

Many places to choose, but my favorites:

- Bah?a de las Aguilas in Cabo Rojo Pedernales. Because is difficult to get to the beach is just for you and is so beautiful.
- El Hoyo de Pelempito also in Pedernales, amazing place
- Las Terrenas, Samana
- Los Haitises
- Jarabacoa
- Zona Colonial, a great walk
- El Valle del Tetero, great valley
- And since is near to the above mention place, Pico Duarte
- Constanza
- An in the South to all the spots you find in your way for a refreshing bath, like river Los Patos (a warning a lot of people go there, but is cool because you see the beach but you have a bath in the river, very cold water), San Rafael, Las Barias, etc.

If you need more places just let me know, I'm a Dominican that loves to travel in her own country. Such a beautiful country with so many places that people really don't know about.

Johanna

;)

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Without question at the top of my list are Jarabacoa, Saman?, Punta Ruc?a (I second HB's motion about Paradise Tours!), and Isla Catalina. I also like the non-touristy places of Santo Cerro, Loma de Quita Espuela and the interesting environs of Lago Enriquillo. Two top spots I have yet to see, but am determined to, are Pico Duarte and Los Haitises.

Best Regards,
Keith

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
For a tourist spot go visit Tres Ojos. It was one of the most beautiful sites I've ever seen. Simply gorgeous.

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
I'm amazed that not even Hillbilly mentioned what must surely be head and shoulders above any other site in the DR - the Monument in Santiago.

It's impressive to see, people congregate there, and it gained its credentials natuarally (not a tourist trap). It was built at a time when attracting tourists was barely a consideration, if at all.