Social Security - Exploratory question/statement

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
I'm offering MHO on the recent addition of a social security system in the DR.

First, I wanted to know why I - not a resident - would have to contribute to such a thing? I have no designs on becoming a permanent resident here (unless I meet a 6' Rhodes Scholar/beach Volleyball player/knockout, that absolutely has to have me here).

My employer told me that I'd get it back when I left.

After we wiped the tears from our eyes and stopped laughing, and I indicated that I didn't see the kiosk at the airport where they return these refunds, the subtracted funds were returned.

However, who in their right mind would assume (notice again the first three letters) that a government that is cooking the books, taking on more and more debt, robbing banks and can't stop hiring friends and family to an already grossly bloated payroll, can be entrusted with your future - i.e. your monies.

Anyone have any information on this?

I just find it laughable. Where did they get this model of SS? I hope it wasn't the U.S.

Actually, perhaps that makes sense now that stop and think about it.

Perhaps the "right mind" reference answers my own question.

Again, I know only what I hear and read, neither of which are good sources to form judgements, so I'm asking if anyone has an educated view on this.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I am in the same boat! We can "SINK" together!

THe amount is so small.I just forget about it! It will be a nice "Slush Fund" for present and future Dominican Governments to "steal" from,don't you think?CC:bandit:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Of course, I mean everybody's doing it.

That's my problem with it, how can there be no protest to such a gross fleecing?

Again, am I answering my own question?

Where the hell is Peter Pan when you need him?
Is he retired?
Is there a school where they make new ones?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
About 2 years ago,it was "discovered that 2 "B"illion pesos

was "missing" from the teachers retirement fund!The whole fund was GONE! Since Milagros Bosch,our inebriated VP,is also Sec.of Ed. she was asked "What happened to the money?"her response,in TYPICAL DOMINICAN STYLE", was to say,"How should I know?No one told me that it was my responsibility to oversee the fund!"

2 billion pesos gone! Nothing more was ever done about it!
Lets see,2 billion pesos divided by one million,= 2000.That would explain at least 2000 "yepetas" being driven by the "PRD" faithful!!!!!!

"Same Shit,Different Day!!!"

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
you ARE joking...right?....not only will you not see this money when you retire/leave the country....but you will also not see any "Slush Fund"....the DR governement does exaclty the same thing that the USA government does with the money paid to Social Security.....they spend it immediately...then write an IOU to the laughable "Social Security Fund".....Social Security Fund does not exist in the USA.....and it sure as all hell ain't gonna exist in the DR.