Renting apartment in sosua area

john1

Oct 14, 2003
I am relatively new to the board and very appreciative of the valuable information. I have been to the DR three times and Sosua once. I would like to rent an apartment through the winter in Sosua. I am looking in the $500 to $ 1000 per month price range. I speak little spanish, don`t have any particular contacts and don't plan on renting a car. Any advice on finding an apartment would be appreciated. I am looking for something nice but without a family atmosphere if you know what I mean. Are there any realtors that you would recomend. Are there any condo or apartment complexes that you recomend. Thanks in advance for advice on any aspects of the task at hand. Hope to meet some of you at the local spots mentioned on the board.

THANKS
John

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Apartments in Sosua

Hi John,
There are many apartments/condos availble in that price range in Sosua. You may find that the best option is to come here, stay in a hotel for a couple of days while you find exactly what you are looking for.
There are so many variables as to what might be your ideal slice of paradise that it makes it difficult to recommend one place or another.
I know that Escott has a very nice condo in El Neptuno that he rents out and there may be several other members here with some nice places for rent.
I doubt that you would need to go through an agent. Sosua is small enough that 2 or 3 days would be enough to have checked out what you want to see.
Marco.

john1

Oct 14, 2003
Thanks Marco
I do plan on checking into a hotel for a couple of days. As a mater of fact, I 'm arriving in Sosua tomorrow. I kind of waited until the last minute to ask for advice.
John

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Apartments/condos

Hi John,
You are welcome to drop by here (Rocky's) or you can call me at 571-2951 if you would like any suggestions.
Where will you be staying?
Marco.

john1

Oct 14, 2003
Thanks again Marco
I am staying at Sosua By The Sea. I won't be staying there long but its a good place for a little relaxation after travel.
John

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
john1 said:
I am looking for something nice but without a family atmosphere if you know what I mean.

Marco, if I interpret this correctly, El Neptuno would not be the place for him.