Todays exchange rate, 2003-July 2008...archive only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Guys,

This thread is just to share the exchange rate each day. Please use other threads for conversation.

If you are able, please list:

- the exchange rate you got (we assume you are changing USD into pesos, please state clearly if otherwise)
- the amount you changed (if it was relevant to the rate)
- the city/location

Adrian

Last edited:

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
34.8 in Puerto Plata. Friday afternoon 10/17.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Re: Vimenca

DamnYankee said:
Is that the place next to Eddys sport bar? They seem to have the best exchange rate.

They DO always have the best rate. Marc from Rockys directed me there once and I have gone back there ever since. I am not sure how many people know about that place.
Larry

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Eurobank

The change bank near Eddy's is the Eurobank (571-2125)
I believe that Vimenca is the Western Union office in the Bommarito building accross from the main Playero supermarket on the highway.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, Vimenca is also the Western Union office on ground floor of Bommarito building. It is open Mon-Friday and Saturday until 2pm.

TCIDR

Sep 7, 2003
Places with good rates

I've found that agencia de cambio at caribe bus station and vimenca usually have the better/higher exchange rates.

I've also notice that the black market is not so popular...hard to find.

I've visited jamaica and it was easy to find people on the black market....they alway offer higher than the legal market offer...but in the DR when someone is willing to exchange on the black market it is usually less

....tcidr

S

Stephen

Good Try!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrian B!

I think it was a very good idea!!!!! ....too bad it didn't work.

Maybe someone can make a forum with limited fields for the purpose of posting money rates only, as per your suggestion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.