A month in the DR -- advice needed!

kellieLL

Oct 16, 2003
Hi everyone!

I need your expert opinions and advice, please. I'm going to be in the DR for the month of November.

I'm a single girl and will be alone. I've only been to the DR for a weekend a long time ago, and it was great. But I'm looking for a specific setup and am hoping the experts will have some advice.

Here's what I need: an apartment or low-budget hotel in a town that is:

1. on the beach
2. safe for girls
3. good nightlife and social scene

I'm going to be working on my thesis, and I need a good place to get the work done, some place that is laid back, with internet access et al, but is not too quiet.

Anyone know of a good town? If so, know of a good apartment or hotel for a month on a budget?

How about safety?

Thanks a million!

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
I would pick the following three spots in this order:

1-Cabarete
2-Samana-Las Terrenas
3-Punta Cana-Beach front apartments near Soles (about US$800.00 p/Month).

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
HI THERE!

Welcome to DR (soon at least). I would also go with Cabarete. It is on the North Coast and wonderful. Plenty of night life yet a walk from serenity. I currently live in Cabarete and I know of a small apartment with kitchen/bath/private entrance in Pro Cab in Cabarete that is in a private residence with a pool. Very nice area, very nice house, nice yard, Internet Connection etc. If you are interested email me at trendsettersdr@yahoo.com and I will provide you with more information.

GG

rediwat

Oct 7, 2003
A month in Dom. Rep...wow!!

Wow. A MONTH IN Dom Rep...boy am I envious of you!!

A must for you, or anyone, is to pick up the Lonely Planet Guide to Dominican Republic-Haiti. ...you will be amazed. The research is incredibly detailed and it gives what seems to be very very down to earth suggestions of where to go, what to expect, ways to do things cheaper, places to go that one doesn't want to miss.and...phenomenal recommendations aon how to get around and what to see and do in every part of the country..

I would strongly encourage you to pick this up. It is astounding.

All the best.