Las Terrenas >> How to get there, & where to stay?

Freddy

Oct 20, 2003
Hello,

My girlfriend and I are taking our first trip to DR. We've heard that the Samana area, specifically Las Terrenes is a great place to visit. We are flying into Santo Domingo in late November. Is this a good time to visit? How can we get to Las Terrenas (car or plane?)? Where can we stay at a reasonable price with great food and beautiful beach? We are really looking to relax and have a romantic time together. All and any suggestions are appreciated.

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
Hi Freddy,

I have gotten a lot of good information from

www.samana.net

Don't know if you have checked them out yet.

We will be staying for a couple of nights at Los Hollandeses toward the end of December. We will be spending two weeks in Cabarete and are taking a couple of days to go check out Las Terrenas with a view to going there for our next vacation. I would really appreciate it if you would let me know where you stay and what your impressions are.

My husband and I were in Samana for our first trip to the DR too. It is beautiful there. It can be a little tricky to get to, but well worth it.

Feel free to email or pm me at any time.

Rose

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas your best options are to take a Caribe Tour or Metro Bus to Sanchez, the town before Samana. Vehicles from Las Terrenas meet the buses to transport those going there over the mountain that funs down the middle of Samana Peninsula. The buses are comfortable, Greyhound type, with reclining seats and AC.

You can also charter a small plane to take you to the small airfield in Las Terrenas. No lights, so planes can only land there during dayight hours.

Las Terrenas has 30km beach and many, many small hotels. Someone else can recommend specific hotels, but there are plenty of them.

You didn't say what time you will get to SD. Post that and I can be a little more specific.