possible move to the dr

jordan4

Oct 21, 2003
We are contemplating a possible move to the dr. It seems that most people have positive feedback with respect to their moves. We are looking at Sosua as a possibility. Does anyone have any experience in purchasing a home? Does anyone have any recommendations? Are the reality prices on the various websites geared to foreigners accurate indications of reality prices? Thanks.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Shop hard, bargain hard, make low offers. I have been purchasing properties in the area since March.

You cant tell a thing on the Websites. I use Ina at Century 21 Real Estate and others recommend Dean Brown whom I like but don't use. Definately use Century 21 but check the others out. Keep looking till you find what YOU want but don't pay anything near what they ask. Big deal, they can say no, no insult, no harm or foul. YOu can never go down after you offer too much money.

There are about 4 Real Estate Brokers I use. A3t I think is one, Josifina Covernants and Nagle are the others that show me what I want to see. Numero uno is Century 21.

Bought one property through C21, one through Nagle and one on my own with connections made on this board.

Hope this helps you a bit. Email me with any questions at any time.

Escott

Last edited:

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
More than anywhere else I've ever been, prices asked, are based completely on fantasy, not reality. Start your offer well below half what anybody's is asking as a rule of thumb - especially if you'll be perceived as a Gringo. A few experiences:
  • Official prices around Xanadu are $4-$5 per square meter. But no one would pay more than $2-$3. A lot next to mine I've been considering picking up from the owner, 4,000sqm, the owner asked US$50K for! Ha! After turning him way down, the price dropped to $30K, then not less than $25K, and now he's down to $15K. When he gets down to $8K or $10K we'll talk. I've got time!
  • A large house in the project is 'listed' at US$180K. It's selling for around US$80K cash.
  • A mansion I looked at in Costambar a few years ago was on a local website for US$250K. I talked them down easily to US$160K. They eventually sold it for US$175K. I think it's back on the market again.
Tom (aka XR)

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
Xanadu Ranch

Just checked out your website Tom, it appears that you have a nice spread. Where exactly is Xanadu ranch located? Meaning which town and how far from from the city.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Shhhhh! It's a secret! I haven't bought up all the empty lots to resell yet! I don't want Escott to find out!

Tom (aka XR)