Martinair change schedule again!

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Martinair have changed the schedule again on Amsterdam Santo Domingo route (on Saturday)

MP 617 will fly on Saturday departing 13:25 from Amsterdam arrivng 22:40 at Santo Domingo via Havana (was Cancun) i dont see any better result just they have won 1 hour on this route

The better idea was keep Domestic stop-overs!

1st Schedule was MP603 AMS-SDQ-PUJ-AMS
2nd Schedule was MP617 AMS-CUN-SDQ-AMS
3th Schedule is MP617 AMS-HAV-SDQ-AMS*

and the current schedule is MP603 AMS-SDQ-POP-AMS

* this will be the itinerary for MP to SDQ and the pother POP/PUJ are on the website http://www.martinair.com

Last edited:

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
IB changes its schedule all the time here, so once per week flight from AMS to SDQ is not a sensation, and remember that MP always used to be a 3rd class carrier, so this is not so important.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Martinair

Iberia have never changed their schedule on MAD-SDQ route

Martinair is also intend to cut 5% of the costs and win 5% more the B767 and B747 will replace it by new aircrafts (maybe Airbus?) this will take effect the coming years have told the CEO manager of Martinair

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I flew Martinair to Amsterdam a month ago. The price was right and the flight was pretty good. Left as per schedule, arrived in one piece.

I would use them again.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Martinair

Martinair is a realy good airline i have flown on 26/8 and return 23th of September on Amsterdam- Santo Domingo - Amsterdam route.

I have taken a vacation of 4 weeks in Las Terrenas, Saman?, Dominican Republic. (Vacation? more for my family also vacation)

I was considered with increasing of departure tax from 10 US$ to 20US$ but i have bought the ticket 5 months ago for a special price! INCLUDED ALL TAXES. But the I.A.S. employe says you need pay 10US$ more because increast, i dont want to pay 10-US$ more because i have bought the ticket before the new departure tax have introduced.

The Martinair Ground Steward she helps me out and i haven't paid any 10US$ more and thats is a good service, by the way Martinair have a good service as on time performance!

I.A.S. says you need to pay 10US more
Martinair says no it is paid in ? Euro's

I.A.S http://www.ias.com.do

Last edited:

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
Re: Martinair

Samana1 said:

I was considered with increasing of departure tax from 10 US$ to 20US$ but i have bought the ticket 5 months ago for a special price! INCLUDED ALL TAXES. But the I.A.S. employe says you need pay 10US$ more because increast, i dont want to pay 10-US$ more because i have bought the ticket before the new departure tax have introduced.

I.A.S http://www.ias.com.do

I do not see the logic here. That is, if I understand the (rather personal) English syntax of this post correctly. It seems obvious to me that if passengers had to pay USD 10 departure tax before, then they will also have to cough up USD 20 after Mr. Hippo doubled the tax. It never was included in the tax paid along with the fare when one buys one's ticket. And Martinair - or any other airline for that matter - never had assumed the risk of an increase. I bet you that the Martinair ground staff paid your 10 dollars extra departure tax out of her/his own pocket, just to be able to end a silly and fruitless discussion.

I fell victim to the same tax increase myself last summer, leaving from POP for London Gatwick on July 13, after a two week visit. It would never have occured to me in my dreams to start an argument over something like this. But then again, dif'rent folks, dif'rent strokes.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Martinair

I have flown Martinair 4 times and this is the first time that was happend! I agree with the 20 USD tax but i can not pay 10 US more because it is changed after when i bought the ticket!

The same as you buy a DVD-Player

On 1 Nov 2003
DVDSony Player US$ 200
(ITBIS) 10% tax US$ 20+
Total price ofDVD US$ 220

the Gov says on 1 Dec 2003 the tax will increased to 20%

Do you want pay 10% more tax because from 1/12 it will be 20% tax. No i have bought the DVD player before the new tax is introduced! So that will be the same on air fares!

But the Martinair Employee says that the tax was included but the price was in Euro's, it seems she was the Supervisor.

IAS says you need to pay!
Martinair says it is OK!