Caribe Campo Club Sosua

mullinsca

Sep 10, 2003
Hello, Does anyone have information on how nice the apartments at Caribe Campo are and what section of Sosua it is in(how far from beach)
Thanks in advance for your help!!!

gary80vette

Apr 8, 2003
Very nice

Hi

I've just bought a 3 bedroom apartment at Caribe Campo. I'll be over on 16th Nov to take ownership.

The place is great. Very tranquil, lovely grounds and pools. It's just up a small hill to the right of the road as you go from Sosua to Cabarete - just a short walk out of town.

Are you thinking of holidaying there, long term rental or purchase?

Personally I think it's a great spot with great views, surrounded by lots of native flora and fauna (could be a forest or minor jungle). It's very close to Sosua without being right in the thick of it and has very easy access to Cabarete. There are a variety of different styles of apartments starting with small studios and going upwards through 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed.

When are you heading that way?

Have you taken a look at the Caribe Campo website - www.caribecampoclub.com - ?

Let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers

Gary

mullinsca

Sep 10, 2003
THANKS SO MUCH

Thank you so much for the information. We cannot find anyone that knows about this place. Yes we are renting there for a few months until we find our way around. We have a one bedroom with air-conditioning . We have not been able to find many pictures or information. Have you checked on the food and drink plan? We would appreciate any info, we arrive on December 30, just in time for the New Year (yippee, hooray) cant wait.

gary80vette

Apr 8, 2003
Food and drink

There is a very nice bar and restaurant at Caribe Campo. Good to use if relaxing by the pool for the day. Not much point, in my opinion, of entering into a food and drink plan with food and drink being so plentiful and good value in the local area.

The best value food can be found just down in Sosua at Rocky's. Great choice from breakfast till supper and excellent quality.

There is also a well stocked supermarket down at the bottom of the hill on the main Sosua/Cabarete road as you go towards Sosua - in case you fancy a bit of self catering cos your apartment will have a small kitchen.

Loads of good restaurants down the road in Cabarete, most of them on the beach. Lax is one that sticks in my mind.

Arrive, kick back, relax and enjoy.:cool:

Gary

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Caribe Campo Rental

Any owners looking to rent a one bedroom unit for 2-4 weeks in January 2006?

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
Man, that wasuseless. the post was about condo property in Caribe Campo. You post a link : www,caribecampo for more info and the only thing it doesn't mention is Caribe Campo. Did I miss something? John

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
UM Duh.....The link was posted 2 years ago, I suppose I could have created a new useless thread!

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Nice

mullinsca said:
Hello, Does anyone have information on how nice the apartments at Caribe Campo are and what section of Sosua it is in(how far from beach)
Thanks in advance for your help!!!

This is where I live. I like it there as it is outside of town but not too far away from anything. It is on a hill behind Tradewinds and The Palms. Contact Yvonne Drescher at admcaribecampo@verizon.net.do The numbers are 809-571-1109 phone and 809-571-3658 fax

Last edited:

palmiche

Mar 26, 2005
gary80vette said:
Hi

I've just bought a 3 bedroom apartment at Caribe Campo. I'll be over on 16th Nov to take ownership.

The place is great. Very tranquil, lovely grounds and pools. It's just up a small hill to the right of the road as you go from Sosua to Cabarete - just a short walk out of town.

Personally I think it's a great spot with great views, surrounded by lots of native flora and fauna (could be a forest or minor jungle). It's very close to Sosua without being right in the thick of it and has very easy access to Cabarete. There are a variety of different styles of apartments starting with small studios and going upwards through 1 bed, 2 bed and 3 bed.

Cheers

Gary

I have rented there a couple of years ago. I did not liked much because :
- very bad furniture and fixtures, very cheap
- very small apartments
- the road to the location was very bad and huge holes
- I won't advise anyone to walk at night
- far from the beach
- that place is a trap after you become an owner, check maintenance fees and find out who is benefiting from it.

They do have a very nice swimming pool but the restaurant and the food was less than good.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Rented there 1,5 year, when the electricity was good... I liked the place.

Then the planta broke down... Tennis court, gym got worse, bubble pool lost water...

Now I think they shut off the planta between 1-6 pm.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Everybody I know who moved in there and planned to stay there for an extended period of time, moved out sooner with a whole variety of complaints.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I have a place in Tropimar, which is the other half of the complex, and all things considered, it's a good place to live. Yes, they are limiting the use of the generator, but that's understandable given the fuel problem. There are 2 big, well maintained pools, great security, a colmado and small restaurant on premises, and it's very quiet. There have been management problems - someone was stealing the montly payments, and all business is conducted in German so it's sometimes hard to know exactly what's up.

The best part of living there is how great it is for children. It's next door to Garden Kids school, there are plenty of playments of all nationalities and room to roam. There's always a little Dominican wackiness going on, but all in all it's a good place to live. - D

bpwspoon

Aug 25, 2006
Hi

Cheers

Gary
Has anyone stayed at caribe campo club this year 2006?

james

Jan 14, 2002
The cars belong to a lawyer in Sosua by name of Merette (not sure on spelling)

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
My, oh my how things have changed

Isn't it a lot of problems with the electicity, in this place ?

I posted on October 24, 2005 when I was quite content living at Caribe Campo. That was until I realized just how much EARTHQUAKE DAMAGE, that's right I said EARTHQUAKE DAMAGE there is to these buildings. Broken plumbing inside the walls which they can never repair leave the walls weeping therefore causing toxic molds in some apartments. I have very bad mold allergies and I was staying in a pool side unit. The mold nearly killed me and I left with full blown pheumonia.

I changed my unit to a higher floor with better cross ventilation. I wanted to stay here because yes it is a pretty place and very traquil. I was here for several months earlier this year and the living conditions were absolutely barbaric. They turned the place into an a place that cannot be inhibited by humans. No power, no water, no toilets, no showers..argh. The power would go out when everyone was home for the their dinners, their showers, their private time to enjoy the womnderful place. Everyone went to their terraces and were screaming profanities, the place was insane. Everytime I went to the office it was blah blah b;ah, blaming the past management for their problems. The very last day I was there I had to go to a Dominican friend's house which had power and running water. Otherwise I would have been traveling smelling like a caveman.

I am not even going to get into this any further. It ****es me off!

Good luck!

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
I know him

Hijack!! Anyone know who the owner is of the corvettes and camaros and mercedes that are in the field to the left on the way up to Caribe Campo?

What a waste of cars...

Project cars he never got around to working on. I just spoke to him the other day.

BACK TO TOPIC. WE ARE DISCUSSING CARIBE CAMPO.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
See how they run!

This is where I live. I like it there as it is outside of town but not too far away from anything. It is on a hill behind Tradewinds and The Palms. Contact Yvonne Drescher at admcaribecampo@verizon.net.do The numbers are 809-571-1109 phone and 809-571-3658 fax

Madam Drescher took off running, alledged to have taken a bit off the top before she did. The others are getting ready to launch out of their starting blocks very soon if they haven't already.

;-)