Limo business

Ms Jazzy

May 18, 2003
I have a limo that up until now has been for personal use. I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to ship it to the DR when I come next month. I'm thinking I can still use it but also rent it out on weekends and other occasions. I know there are some that can afford it regardless of the economy. I'm figuring SD would probably be the only real market. Anyone have any insights on this? Does there seem to be many limos around? If so, how new/nice are they? Anyone have any idea what it would cost to bring a '99 Lincoln stretch in? I hears the car must be newer and I don't recall if it's 3 years or 5. Anyone know? Thanks!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Have you done any real marker research on this? A stretch limo is not practical. It's useful application would be wanting due to the bad conditions of the roads. You would need to armour plate the bottom to protect it from all the road obstacles due to its low clearance and prepay have a tow truck handy when needed to pull it off the speed bumps (policia acostados), out of holes and ditches.

Importing is a horror story in itself, a limo would make it a mark for a high customs tariff, official and unofficial.

Go through the list Ken has posted and rethink what you want.

The limo's of choice in the D.R. are high-end SUV's. Regards, PJT