Google Will Tell You Who You Are

Dec 9, 2002
OK Chopical, so what does it say about you??
I tried my name, it doesn't know enough about me!
I tried my husband's name, it doesn't know enough about him either!

Dec 9, 2002
What a rubbish website! I just went back and tried Dominican Babe, and guess what? It doesn't know enough about her either!!

Dec 9, 2002
Why don't you get it? You just put your name in, click on the "Googlism" box, and hey presto (if, that is, it can pick up stuff from your name).

I just went back and put my maiden name in, rather than my married name. This is what it came up with:-

. . . is an assistant professor of rhetoric and composition

. . . is trained to answer your questions

. . . is able to offer you additional services and programs that will help save you money

. . . is teaching jaws for windows to tutors who will be teaching blind students

. . . is a principal lecturer in palliative care

. . . is researching this family

I'm bored this evening. Does it show? ;)

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
I just don't get it. I mean what exactly does it do? I put in my name and all it said was I was a cutie. I already knew that. I mean what is my takeaway value from this? Is it an exercise in brain power? Is it a joke? Is it some neat little computer trick? What enjoyment and entertainment factor am I supposed to get from this?

I don't get it.

An Evil

Aug 11, 2003
It's called ego-surfing. Looking yourself up on the web. The Google engine looks for hits of any names you input. You can find if you are online with a results-page that's more brief than Google's regular results-page.

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
An Evil said:
It's called ego-surfing. Looking yourself up on the web. The Google engine looks for hits of any names you input. You can find if you are online with a results-page that's more brief than Google's regular results-page.

Aaaah... got it. Thanks for your intelligent, unsarcastic response.

Going back to try it again now that I get it...:cool:

Clip.