Car and Driver for hire.

Jwb

Jan 10, 2002
After reading the post titled "Beware: Car Rental Scam and Police" , I changed my mind about renting a car for this coming trip.

Does anyone in the Cabarette area have any experience hiring a local driver with a car for a day or two? What would be a fair amount to pay ? This is going to be my first time traveling alone on the North Coast, and I may decide to venture to la Vega.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I can recommend a cab driver from Sosua who speaks English and is very friendly. Several posters on the board use and like him. His charge will depend partly on where you want to go. for example, a day spent going to La Vega will cost more than a day in the local area because of the gas involved.

If you want to contact him in advance about meeting you at the airport, I can send you his name and cel number.

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
Driver in Cabarete

I found this guy and called him a few weeks ago..He may be able to help you or get someone to drive you. JOSEPH 809-571-0250. He drives people tourist places but may have other drivers for what you need. Speaks english and very personable and in Cabarete. Good luck on your trip and have a fun time! :) PAM