Need help from my Direct TV gurus.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Since we can't buy Direct Tv programming in DR (now that its DR related thread :) ) I would like anyone of you to direct me to a webpage where I can download free 3m files, bins scripts etc. I am mainly interested in activation type bins to turn on channels. I am getting a HU programmer tomorrow from santo domingo. Please help, especially if you have a Bin that doesn't go down in months at a time. Thanks in advance.
AZB

Feel free to contact me via PM if you don't want to discuss this here.

wtf2001

Aug 22, 2003
US Equipment and account

If we have US equipment and account, but leave behind the dish, will it work in DR after we buy a bigger dish? I saw this thread before but I am looking for confirmation.

I live in Florida and am fine with paying/keeping my account when we move if it could work in DR with a bigger dish. We don't do pay-per-view or anything.

We have 4 units and one is a Tivo. No phone hooked into any of them. Any problems? I don't want the frustration of pirating and reprogramming cards every few days like local relatives have to do.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
There are several sites where you can get free 3M bins etc. If you can get them, so can Dave. You would be wasting your time. These fixes last 1 or 2 days max. Do a google search and read some of the stuff. Try to find a company who charge $$ and supply you with a private script. BTW, Dave will be hitting the cards with 3M scripts in the very near future. It will make the cards worthless. Get someone in the States to buy your programming. Even if you can't buy it legally in the DR. (Keeping this DR related) if you have paid programming, you won't go down.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
wtf2001

If you have paid programming from the USA, your receivers will work fine here with a 6' fibreglass dish. Bring the proper splitter so you can hook up all 4 to your LNB.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
If DAVE really does messes up my card then i will simply bring in my brother;s dish network decorder with a paid programming card and hook it up to the same LNB and redirect it towards dish satellite. I would have reliable service but basic programing.

Now does anyone have any problems with the satellite signal on their direct TV in DR? Mine is still searching for satellite signal since last night.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Alignment my friend or bad connection. 65/82 signal on mine depending on what transponder. Turn your receiver off and disconnect it for 10 mins. Remove card. Turn it back on and when it asks you to insert the card, do so. If still no signal, check your connections in back of receiver and to LNB. Use your "Satellite Position" options on your receiver on different transponders. If nothing, Alignment or your LNB could be fried. (Very rarely but happens) Your idea of going Dish (Echostar) is not a bad one. You can get someone to order all your stuff from the USA. You can buy your PPV with the remote control. When it's full, you get someone with a dialer to come over and upload it to Dish and they charge your credit card. You can also order PPV if you want from the States. They just charge it to your credit card. Works for me.