S video cable adapter

Billie

Feb 19, 2003
Does anyone know where you can purchase an S video cable adapter? Or do you know a qualified television technician who could help with the problem. I am trying to get an adapter for the cable system here. I have a flat screen television, which requires an S video cable, and I need an adapter for the cable.

Thanks,
Billie

kobi23

Jan 1, 2002
where are you located im going to be in boca chica sun. if your close ill buy it here in the states

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Don't waste time looking for that kind of thing here.

Just order it online from the US. It'll generally be cheaper, too.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Radio Shack

Billie said:
Does anyone know where you can purchase an S video cable adapter? Or do you know a qualified television technician who could help with the problem. I am trying to get an adapter for the cable system here. I have a flat screen television, which requires an S video cable, and I need an adapter for the cable.

Thanks,
Billie

There is a quite well stocked Radio Shack in the capital ( maybe more than one) - you are not too clear on exactly what this is supposed to adapt , from S-Video TO something or something to S-Video? I assume a cable box with only composite out to an S-Video input on the TV. It is odd there is not at least ONE RCA jack for composite on the TV.

Even good computer stores will sell a composite (RCA plug/ usually yellow) to S-Video (round 5 pin DIN style plug) adapter as there are PC's that use S-Video in and out. I use one to output the S-Video of my laptop to the normal video of the TV in my hotel but it works in either direction.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Billie, where are you located? - SD or STGO Radio Shack. If Sosua, try DeLancer.

Billie

Feb 19, 2003
In the Puerto Plata area

Thanks for the help. It's a Sony system I am trying to convert the S cable with an adapter to work the cable system here. It may not be possible with my system. I figure it's worth trying to find a solution.

Billie

Billie

Feb 19, 2003
It's a flat screen television

It's a flat screen television which is basically a monitor. It doesn't have ONE RCA jack for composite on the TV. the only plugs are on the receiver. I have been told that there is nothing like this television in this country.

Leave it to me to bring something unusual to this country. I have always been here seven weeks so I am a newbie. attempting to learn and adjust.

Billie

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Eddy, email me.

Billie, buy it and have it shipped to me in the states. I will be down on the 5th of Novemeber to Sosua. Come to my Thanksgiving dinner on the 27th. Make a quick reservation because we are actually filled but just tell him to squeeze you in. Do it quick so it gets to me. Email me for the address.

Scott