Where to eat in Samana?

Little_Monkey

Sep 2, 2002
Any suggestions where the best places to eat in Samana? I will be staying at Tropical Lodge. Any good places close?

Thanks.
LM

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Tropical Lodge provides breakfast. They have an attached restaurant for dinner. Also a pizza bar. Camilo's restaurant next to the park is basic, but good value. Le France on main street is French owned and good food. Around the corner from it is La Hacienda, also very good. I go to Samana frequently and eat at all those restaurants.

Of the restaurants mentioned, only Camilo's is open at noon.

Chino's restaurant on the hill overlooking the town is also an option if you want Chinese food.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
The best food in Samana

Try the Atlantis hotel. I think its the best food in Samana.
THere are also a lot of restaurants in 'La villa de los pescadores' in Terrenas.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Another vote for Le France. I eat there almost every time I pass through Samana and they are consistently excellent.

Chiri

najera

Dec 28, 2002
food

Also el rinconcito view is very good for lunch if you like traditional rice and beans. The owner is a good friend.

There is an italian named stafano who makes pizzas that I find better than what I had at tropical lodge. Not sure where his new place is but I'm sure the conchos know.

And if you want the real dominican experience, a friend of mine named dario has a little "restaurant" in the market. It is on the left when you enter. It may look a little scary for gringos but I'm one and ate there a few times a week for the whole time I lived in samana and had no problems.

Le france is probably one of the best in town. nicest people and awesome food.
Chinos also great.

najera

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Ken, the breakfast I had at the Tropical Lodge was the worse I had in the DR. I would NOT recommend it.

Camilo's down the street is good. Had both dinner and breakfast there, both were good tasting and decently priced. [If there for breakfast, ask them for a fruit "shake." They were terrific -- closest I've ever had to the delicious ones my wife makes.] I would strongly recommend Camilo's.

Best Regards,
Keith

Gordo

Mar 16, 2003
La France

You can't go wrong with any of the shrimp dishes at La France. We had two wonderful meals there when we visited Samana last February.

jonvelas

Jan 29, 2010
gosamana-dominicanrepublic.com
Where to eat in Samana - Update as of 2011

Many years have pass by since this post got started ... way back in 2003 !

Of all the restaurants mentioned above, two are still open : Hacienda and Chino.

You will find a very good list of all the restaurants that are open right now
as of 2011 in the small town of Samana at this local website :

Go Samana | Samana, Dominican Republic

;) Enjoy the many good places to eat in town !