Yoga in Santo Domingo

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I was hoping that people here could help me gather information about yoga classes, preferably Hatha, at intermediate level, in Santo Domingo.

The ones I have looked into are either too far away or at times which I can't do. I live in Arroyo Hondo, and don't want to have to cross the city as the stress involved would defeat the purpose! 6:30am starts are also out of the question.

Om shanti.

Chiri

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thanks Indie: Some of these still exist even though it's an old thread. Some of the posters are still around too!

Since I posted my request last week I've received some more information that I will be posting in detail here soon.

Ritmos Dance Studio on Ave. Churchill (opp Acropolis) does Hatha yoga classes mornings and evenings.

There are classes for women at Saffron Restaurant, Bella Vista Mall (Tai Chi and Yoga).

I also found a teacher who will do 'servicio a domicilio' classes in people's homes, and also runs yoga and reiki courses in a rural setting at a place off Autopista Duarte (km14).

There are yoga classes at Body Shop gym but you have to be a member.

I need to get all this information and more together and then I will do a detailed post. In the meantime if anyone else has any information to add, including classes in the Gazcue area: Ananda etc. please post here.

Chiri

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
Chiri

I'm interested in the yoga and reiki too. Is this on the south or north coast? There are a lot of massage parlors, but have you heard of any that truly do "healing" massage?

Thanks, Mary

almost forgot... i need it on the north coast.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Sorry, Mary, the information I was looking for, and have found, is about Santo Domingo -- but if anyone is reading this and has information about yoga and reiki on the north coast, please post it here!

Chiri