Gay Hotel Project Coming to El Limon, Samana

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Interesting venture and attractive site, but as so often happens, they seem to have got someone like the manager's niece who thinks she knows English, to do the English text...

"You will discover heavenly places and cultural."

"(Larimar) remembers the colour of the most beautiful Caribbean seas."

And what was that about "a small pub where many young boys are looking for protection"?

Chiri

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
el limon

don't be judgmental. i heard a couple of years ago that an austrian guy bought the land there and that he was going to make some sort of hotel project; and i guess this is it if it happens. i'm not gay, but i have friends who are and why shouldn't they be able to build such a facility? it would be good for the local economy of el limon which only has the waterfalls.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Jasper - don't get me wrong. There is no way I would have a problem with the fact that it is a project aimed at gay tourists. It looks interesting and I would certainly recommend resorts like this to my gay friends!

I was commenting on the fact that they did not take care to get someone who could produce professional quality English copy for the site. The statement about "young boys" could lead to misunderstandings or even get them into trouble. I am sure they simply meant to say "young men", but it could easily be misinterpreted. Had they used a native English speaker to do the translations or write the copy they would avoid these sorts of pitfalls.

Same goes for all other businesses promoting themselves in English.

Chiri

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Cracking the gay market is not easy.

Everybody I have seen try in the DR has failed.

It's a niche market so you need to speak their language and focus on their needs.

I wish them luck, the gay market is always good in terms of revenue.

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
I don't sympathize with the idea, Samana' is my town and the first thing alot of them will be doing is harrasing kids, although many don't many do.

my 2 cents, not my line of business

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
chiri

sorry, i misread your comment then. i still don't see what you're referring to, but you're correct...just sounds like lousy translation which could lead to trouble.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Thit is not what i was expecting to my Province where i born

I think Samana is some thing not easy to connect when the new airport and AutoPista is finished and in use then i see that the tourism grow with 250%

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Robert said:
Cracking the gay market is not easy.

Everybody I have seen try in the DR has failed.

It's a niche market so you need to speak their language and focus on their needs.

I wish them luck, the gay market is always good in terms of revenue.
This is the funniest thing I have read here in a looong time!

["Cracking the gay market....." :Crack. Crack.:
"....focus on their needs...." :Focus. Focus.:
"....always good in terms of revenue." :Good revenue. Good revenue.:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Sounds like something Dan Quayle would say.]

Thanks for the laugh, Robert! :bunny:

-Indie

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
When is this hotel going to open, does anyone know?

Power to the pink peso!

Chiri

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
Pink Peso...Too cute!

Hey the Club Caribe mentioned earlier is TASTEFULLY done..only the rainbow..no mention of young boys (that is weird sounding to me..) No mention of GAY anything that I could find.... Gays just feel comfortable in areas where they are completely accepted..
I picked up a gay travel guide once...you would be surprised at the money gays spend..they are a great group to target for marketing I think...I have several gay friends that I know longer speak to because my Dominican man is a homophobe...That is what makes me think the Gay thing in the DR may be tough to get into.(If they think like he does anyway..).plus the misconception that they are pedifiles..sure some are..but the comment about "boys" would make me not want the business near me...:) PAM

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Re: Pink Peso...Too cute!

goatfarmnga said:
That is what makes me think the Gay thing in the DR may be tough to get into ... I have several gay friends that I know longer speak to because my Dominican man is a homophobe ...
Hahahahaha! Of course it's tough to get in to. That's why guys prefer sex with gals. The sex is just so much easier! Hahahaha! As to your husband, well, this discussion has happened before here, Pam, and in some areas of the D.R. you may be right. But, on the whole though you really don't understand sex in the D.R. at all! Here on the North Coast that kind of action is almost as prevalent as the other, um, fishier, kind. Ask, Amy. I had as many 'boyfriends' approaching me for sex at a local Disco thr other night as 'girlfriends'. Good thing Raul wasn't there! LOL!

Tom (aka XR)

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Gays should stay with gays. Period

Gays are not as docile as you all think. They are more desperate as compared to their straight counterpart. All of these gays would have sex with anyone and everyone if they can have a go at it. They are always looking for men and even hit on straight men as often as they hit on each other. They always try to convince the straight man that once you try with another male you will never go back to a female. Funny, they are so stupid, they think all men see the world with the same rainbow prism colors as they do. They think if we try it with another male, meybe our the dorment homosexual feeling might wake up to a new horizon.
I often feel sorry for them because they just don't see the beauty of young beautiful curvy woman. I mean, what are they missing in their genes or what have done to deserve to be so unfortunate? Don't they know what they are missing? A real straight man would never ever fantasize about being with another male. We just don't fancy this thought. To me its sickening to think like a gay person. I think they are all sick. They should all bow to god and ask for forgiveness and make a holy pact with the lord to straighten up.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Re: Gays should stay with gays. Period

Why, AZB! Then you should be happy that some enterprising young fellow wants to open gay hotels to keep the object of your animas seperated from the general, normal, straight population, and the rest of the real men of the DR! LOL.

Let's try that post again, with a few editorial changes:

Pakistanis are not as docile as you all think. They are more desperate as compared to their non-Pakistani counterpart. All of these Pakistanis would have sex with anyone and everyone if they can have a go at it. They are always looking for other Pakistanis and even hit on non-Pakistanis as often as they hit on each other. They always try to convince the non-Pakistani that once you try with another Pakistani you will never go back to another foreigner. Funny, they are so stupid, they think all non-Pakistanis see the world with the same rainbow prism colors as the Pakistanis do. They think if we try it with a Pakistani, meybe our the dorment xenophobic feeling might wake up to a new horizon. I often feel sorry for them because they just don't see the beauty of young beautiful curvy Pakistani woman. I mean, what are they missing in their genes or what have done to deserve to be so unfortunate? Don't they know what they are missing? A real Pakistani would never ever fantasize about being with another non-Pakistani. We just don't fancy this thought. To me its sickening to think like a Pakistani. I think they are all sick. They should all bow to god and ask for forgiveness and make a holy pact with the lord to straighten up.

Tom (aka XR)

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
Thank you Tom! What a heap of B.S. from AZB.

After seeing one of the BEST drag shows EVER in San Pedro de Macoris, I must add that DR is not a gay-free zone.

And that advertising IS going to be the quick death of a good idea executed poorly. I live in "boystown" in Toronto, the area of the city with a large gay population. The area is very very safe, clean, with many thriving businesses, urban professionals gay and straight living together and caring about the community and each other.

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
Whoa.......

AZB..Issues man Issues..that is all I can say...Tom you are sooo clever! I knew you would again set me "straight"..
Hey Raul thinks the bible rules..(nothing about his issues in the bible tho :(... ) To him all gays are the devil..issues on him too....

So HOMOSEXUALS..Love that word....are having Drag shows in the DR..WOW must not be too homophobic society! Watch out AZB..there may be one behind you in line somewhere..BOO!

Seriously..I saw the Miss Gay Orlando Drag show in 1983 I think...I was with a gay friend who I used to go dancing with..THEY LIKE TO DANCE..:) It was a hoot..6"4 250 lb men in drag..Some were almost too pretty though..The Parliament House in Orlando would be a great model for this place to follow..It has been around for 20+ years and if you drive by you see the Professionals that go there..maybe your colleagues AZB look out! Incoming...:) So funny that post AZB..I can not quit laughing! Oh well gotta get back to selling halter tops to chicks in Juneau Alaska..go figure!
Maybe someone with alot of spanish and english writing ability can help the people put the website in proper grammer so they can get successful..:) PAM

Sorry AZB..In a weird mood today..NOTICE MY LAST PARAGRAPH..The Gay resort info..:)

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This thread is not about AZB's homophobia, it's about opening a gay resort.

End it now, otherwise the thread get's chooped!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Guys, I used the link for the not-quite-yet-existant hotel in Samana, but I didn't see th page you were talking about, where the poor grammar referenced 'young boys looking for protection.' That's funny, but where is it at?

The resort in Islabon apparently advertises itself as 'gay friendly' on gay sites, but has a whole parallel set of web sites and advertisments that doesn't mention that aspect of their clientele or accomodations which I always found to be quite amusing. The place is near some friends of mine in Islabon and they had no idea it advertised that way, nor did I, until checking out some gay travel sites from links included in another thread from about six months ago.

And, Pam, anything like the 'Parliment House' in Orlando would never fly here I don't think. I went there once a few years ago whil in Orlando and that's just too out there! Wild place. Funny, I never expected you to know where that was! A lot of the younger crowd likes to play, but they don't want their friends to know even if their friends are doing the same things. So I wish the place luck if they ever get it built, but it's going to have to be a different animal than what you'd find elsewhere.

Tom (aka XR)

Last edited: