Groceries prices in the DR

goatfarmnga

Bronze
Jun 24, 2003
I just thought it was interesting...

It may be expensive but it is cheaper than I had imagined the prices would be and that is delivered to your door price...I pay more here in USA for some items and there some items are more expensive. I figure the difference you pay here for other things can easily balance out a few higher priced groceries there..Just could not believe they even have the type of service in the DR..since it is supposed to be a third world country and all....:) PAM
Hey at least Mangos, Bananas etc are cheaper! :)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I do all the "Food Shopping" for my "Family" of 10!!!

Lets just say that over the last 12 months,the cost in pesos of all the "staples" for a Dominican Family have doubled! Now If you are converting US Dollars to pesos to buy your food,the prices are about the same,or actually "cheaper"!
Unfortunately the number of Dominicans who are able to do that,are equal to the number of Dominicans who can buy the "Turkeys" listed on the above web site,Three!

Come on "Goat" you are "stretching" again! Wait till you get here and go Food Shopping a few times before you post about food prices!

I see you think that those prices are in "Pesos",well just like when you thought that the cost of a year's tuition at "New Horizons" was actually the cost of the initial interview,you are "Wrong Again"! That $152.00 is in US DOLLARS,not DOMINICAN PESOS!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC;)

Last edited: