Was There A Power Outage This Weekend In Santiago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joienj

Sep 28, 2003
MY HUSBAND IS LIVING IN SANTIAGO AND TOLD ME I COULDN'T GET THROUGH TO HIS PHONE BECAUSE HE LOST POWER ON SAT. & SUN. (10/25 & 10/26) - DOES ANY KNOW IF THERE WAS A POWER OUTAGE OVER THIS PAST WEEKEND?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Are you kidding me? We never have any power, anyday of the week in santiago. Over the past 24 hours I had about 4 hours of lights in my house. The weekend was all dead. I don't store anything in the fridge and eat out. I have to play the on-off power game with my invertor to have at least electric to run my stupid slow fan at night. I haven't been able to connect to my pc in ages from my home. I had to reinstall windows xp all over again and it took me 4 days to get it to work. We never have any lights and the inverter never gets any time to charge up. I live in Paraiso, near ceros de gurabo area. Its a good neighborhood and we are still out of lights. It also happens that my grid is connect to a very poor barrio next few streets down. This is the place where the people don't pay so when there is a blackout, we are the first one to get it. I have a feeling there is going to be a suicide bomber blowing up CDE very soon. All they have to do it to keep this game up for another month and I am sure we will have a few suicide bombers poping up in santiago area.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
It's the same in Sosua. Luckily my mechanic spotted a bad bearing in my generator and repaired it or we would be in big trouble. I have people (Poor Dominicans with older and sick people living with them) begging me to supply them with generator service. My generator is allready at it's max. Things are going to get worst.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
joienj said:
MY HUSBAND IS LIVING IN SANTIAGO AND TOLD ME I COULDN'T GET THROUGH TO HIS PHONE BECAUSE HE LOST POWER ON SAT. & SUN. (10/25 & 10/26) - DOES ANY KNOW IF THERE WAS A POWER OUTAGE OVER THIS PAST WEEKEND?

I have used that excuse many times when I was with a lady friend! Always worked for me!

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Electric Phones

I never had phone interruption due to power loss when I lived in the DR. They may have had problems at Codetel related to the power outages, but I rather doubt it.

m

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
If the guy had a cordless phone then if his inverter is dried up the juice then he maybe left without a phone. But some how I am begining to lean towards tonyC excuse.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
joienj said:

Power outage in Santiago is like asking if the Pope is Polish!!

The hombre should have been more original and blamed his phone problem on the solar flares. Regards, PJT

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
what a bunch of haters!!!

at least lie and say yes to the woman.

It is obvious that she doubts what he said. I mean, the guy already told her it was an outage and she is still questioning it.

stop drinking the haterade guys!!!

lol

joienj

Sep 28, 2003
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INPUT - MY HUSBAND DOES HAVE A CORDLESS PHONE SO PART OF WHAT HE SAYS MAKES SENSE AND I HEAR ALOT ABOUT POWER FAILURES - BUT MY GUT FEELING IS THAT I'M BEING LIED TO. I WOULD MUCH RATHER KNOW THE TRUTH THAN BELIEVE A LIE, BUT UNFORTUNATELY THERE IS NO WAY TO PROVE HIM WRONG BEING I'M LIVING IN THE US AND HE IS IN SANTIAGO. I'M GLAD I FOUND THIS MESSAGE BOARD - MAYBE I CAN KEEP UP WITH THINGS GOING ON DOWN THERE A LITTLE BIT BETTER.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Have doubts about your Husband/Lover??

Why not visit DR1's "Mars/Venus Forum"? The archives are bursting with great stories of Loves Lost,or Found!

I think we all know about the lack of electricity in the DR!

Thread Closed.......Moderator

"Joienj",please stop using "ALL CAPITAL LETTERS!"That is like yelling in the library! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.