suggestion - meet the members

minerran

Oct 16, 2003
Hi Everyone,

I would like to offer a suggestion for making the message board better. Why not have a "meet the members" area where everyone can optionally post some information about themselves and even a photo if they want. There should be some rules such as no advertisements for sex, dating, business ventures, etc. The all-mighty webmaster would enforce those.

Then, it would be easy to learn about fellow board members. Have you ever wondered if someone is male or female, where they live, nationality, etc? Knowing more about the members would make it easier to connect and find commonality. For example: Members not living in DR but who are planning to travel there could find out who lives in the city they're traveling to, and invite the fellow member for a cup of coffee while visiting the DR.

What do you all think?
(I'm not easily offended so if it's a dumb idea, just say so!)

Regards to all,

Randy

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
We have several meet and greets every year. I do two in Sosua for Easter and Thanksgiving. Close to 100 people will show up for these. We also have them in the US. Had one in NY a few weeks ago.

A lot of us do not need an excuse to hang out. Last time down I was all over seeing folks and even met people in Santiago from S. D. to go somewhere else.

I would say that I have met 70+% of the regular posters here in person. Look for threads that say ReUnions, Get Togethers etc..

Regards,
Scott
Male, Sosua, Woodstock, around 50 unless I have to be younger.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
minerran said:
Have you ever wondered if someone is male or female, where they live, nationality, etc? Knowing more about the members would make it easier to connect and find commonality.

Why not just ask a question if you're curious about a particular poster. That's what I do and have never been reprimanded for it.

Knowing more about members would not make it easier to connect with them all the time.

Take Scott for instance, I just met him and think his great, but he said something in another thread that was quite distasteful to me. Am I going to argue with Scott? no, that's not my way of doing things. I've party w/ the guy. I like him. So now I have to hold my tongue.

Last edited:

minerran

Oct 16, 2003
All great responses, thanks!

Wow,

I never expected so many responses so quickly. I only posted this thread early today and I'm still at work (4:45PM Florida Time)! Looks like the info is already available if one knows where to look and Robert (who I assume is the fearless webmaster), is thinking about putting it all in one place.

Have a great day everyone and thanks for the excellent comments!

Randy

Last edited: