Back from Puerto Plata

daisyone

Aug 16, 2003
Had to write and say what a wonderful country the Dominican Republic is! The people who live there are the friendliest people I have ever met. Now, I'm no 'world traveler', but I have been to other countries over the past several years, so I am able to compare. My husband and myself were in Puerto Plata for fall break, Oct. 10th thru the 15th. Just 5 days and we were won over! We met several very nice people. One who especially stands out in my mind, Mr. Blackay. (not sure of the spelling). A wonderful older gentleman who shares the story of the acient fort in Puerto Plata. He tells the story with such passion, he had us in awe. We were also introduced to 'mamajuana'..great stuff..;)
The beaches were beautiful and the weather was perfect..(couple T-storms @ night)..the trip was just terrific! We are already planning another visit for spring break with a couple friends. Cant wait to get back.

daisyone

Aug 16, 2003
mamajuanna

It's a mixture of island herbs, plant parts, rum, honey & wine....mmmmm...it's gooood...but it packs a punch so you cant drink too much of it. It's sold in various places around the island. We even saw it at the Puerto Plata airport shops. I highly recommend it.;)

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
mamajuana

i dont know if i can spell it right but mamajuana is meant to be a domincan APHRODIZIAC. I cant comment on whether or not that is tru. haha