Aeromar could not resume flights on OCT 27

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Aeromar promised to resume its flights beginning OCT 27th, actually they are dead yet, no operations today, it seems that Aeromar became history.

maxwell

Apr 29, 2003
El primer equipo de BQ llega el dia 5 de noviembre, segun tengo entendido las operaciones normales empezaran el dia 7 de noviembre.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
after all this horror there are no tickets at all , people are afraid to fly on it. When the woman announced on radio that after her flight NYC STI on BQ in SEP she didn't get her bag yet, I don't think somebody will risk to buy that ticket. AA, EX and CO fares are equal to those BQ offers, so. Remmeber how many passengers became victims of those days when BQ decided to bump them.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
probbaly it will arrive on NOV 7, so it will start to fly someday in NOV and then in March the same situation will happen, it will be stopped until JUL-AUG

eli

Jun 10, 2003
It's been done before so don't doubt that they'll do it again, it is their custom now and the public forgives them again and again.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
BQ

Some people have good experience some not! so my opinion is i see still Aeromar as the Lider Dominican Airline.

I hope Aeromar and it will be excpected never more what has happend now!

My was told 27/10 but as i say can be delayed by another week because a B763 is leased to YES AIR (icelandair) and the contract will be expire in this weeks! Also other jets!

Jan 1, 2002
All aeromar passengers from
SDQ to JFK diverted to Air Santo Domingo
SDQ to MIA diverted to Aero Continente
STI to JFK diverted to North American

the same day North American this operate charters flights from STI to JFK for Aeromar passengers.

maxwell

Apr 29, 2003
Bueno, por lo menos estan protegiendo a los pasajeros, a pesar que ellos pagaron por irse con BQ, debe ser una muy mala experiencia tanto para los pax como para la linea aerea, me imgino la cantidad de dinero que han perdido en estas semanas, debe ser atroz, eso es mucha falta de coordinacion y planificacion, pero ahora que Air Atlanta ha metido sus manos creen que la situaci?n mejore o se torne algo peor?

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Air Atlanta

I think if it is true about the 40% shares! It is better for Aeromar! Air Atlanta want his money and also helps Aeromar to get out the dip!

Well you are right buy with Aeromar and fly with Air Santo Domingo, but Air Santo Domingo have the same in-flight service as Aeromar and i hope they are happy to fly Air Santo Domingo, the best is that they are not going to American Airlines!

eli

Jun 10, 2003
You are 100% about that, and as read earlier maybe on another thread written by Cmedina showing the preference of AA i can understand that what i don't understand is to stand up for an airline which mistreats the Latin Passengers and which has been proven in a court of law in the united states that they exercised with prejudice towards Latinos which is their second biggest market, i've stated before i have no problems with their reliability what i do have a problem is with their monopolistic ventures and mistreatment of the very same people who are making their survival posible.

Papito_Chulo

Jun 10, 2003
Let's see if Aeromar will fly on NOV 7, and speaking about "happy" passengers that were endorsed to other carriers, I don't think so, their departure time was changed and some people don't like that, and passengers will not fly with BQ again, their 1st flight was cancelled and they made a good promo campaign to EX and other carriers that transported them.

Xpert

Oct 12, 2003
Does that surprises anyone here in this forum?
We all knew their situation there os now way they will survive this one.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
We should all care the more the real local carriers around the less the foreing carriers get but that's just a dream nobody cares about this industry at an official level i mean.