Foregin Weddings

R

R&M

Can anyone tell us if two U.S citizens get married in the DR, is it recongonized in the United States? Does anyone know of any resorts that offer wedding packages?

Thanks,

R&M

D

DR One

Most major Dominican resorts offer wedding packages. Just choose your resort. Marriage in the DR will be recognized in the States or anywhere else.

T

Thomas K. Suter

Yes, once it is performed it will be recognized, but listen to what you have to go through. Not only do you have to let your hotel/resort know you want to get married, there usually is a fee involved of say, US$500. Then, if you want friends, family to9 view it, good luck, or least kjeep them close, because there is one judge who does weddings at all the resorts and only on certain days. Then, if you can find out what day, I wish you even better luck of pinpointing a time. He just comes whenever. Plus, I think you both need to be Catholic and have baptism papers or something like that. My wife and I considered it, and even went down there to find the best resort to ahve it at. BVut when we found out about all the hoops, we decided to get secretly married here, then have a fake ceremony there. I am familar with the resorts in the Puerto Plata area.

T

Tim Hall

Weddings in Paradise

Here's a link to general info on getting married in Puerto Plata. <A HREF="http://www.popreport.com/Weddings.htm">http://www.popreport.com/Weddings.htm</A>

V

Vickie

We got married at the Hacienda Resorts in Puerta Plata, in March. We had no problems that Tim above referred to! We were both Canadian Citizens and all we had to supply were translated certified Single Status Documents.At a cost of 50.00 each which had to be certified at the Dominican Consulate in Montreal for a fee of 50.00 each. Other than that, the wedding was beautiful, everything went as planned. It cost us $350.00 U.S. That included the judge, horse and carriage ride for the couple and guests to the site, which was a beautifully decorated gazebo by the beach! There was 7 of us total. The flowers in my bouquet were the most beautiful I have ever seen, the wedding cake was also included dinner at the Blue Marlin,we had an upgraded room with fruit basket rum and champagne on arrival. Plus they also included a beautiful photo album with 14 pictures of your choice taken by the photographer and we opted to buy the video for an extra charge. We were never pressured to buy any more the package included. I think you should check into your wedding more yourself, talk to the resort. We had a lovely time and would recommend anyone to do it! There far less problems than we thought.

E-mail me if you like and have anymore questions!

Vickie