It's official, Hipolito has lost touch with reality

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
El mandatario has established a reputation for press statements that range between inappropriate and confrontationally insulting but he may have revealed a serious loss of footing yesterday. He responded to reporters' questions about American Chamber of Commerce head Ivan Ramirez's statements that the current economic crisis has the potential to destabilize social order and deligitimize the government by saying "this doesn't frighten me," he sarcastically added "look how I am shaking."

Is it "machismo falso" or deer-in-the-headlights syndrome? Either explanation augurs ill. Meanwhile, can the peso stay below the 40 to the dollar threshold for one more week?

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Common senese would tell you..

...that there is no way in hell the current administration could win the next election.

Then again the constitution would say the same, but that's apparently false now anyway.

You'd think the CA would be the best campaign manager for any other potential candidate, so much bad, so little good.

So again, common sense would say there is no way Hippolito could win in May. That much is obvious.

For the record, every single time - I mean 100% - I've applied common sense to anything here, it's come up false.

I'd bet the house on Hippolito.

p.s. I rent.