EMI Sun Village in Cofresi

rudy 25

Feb 10, 2003
Will be there Nov. 7 thru Nov.14 Anyone comment about this resort and the surrounding area?

daisyone

Aug 16, 2003
Rudy,
We, (myself & my husband), stayed there in October. I was very apprehensive about it because I read alot of bad reviews. They were dead wrong in my opinion. We had the best time ever and are even making plans to return there in March. Sun Village is beautiful. The loby is huge and is all marble. The room, (we were in a delux room0 was large and very clean and so was the bathroom. If your a drinker, you wont run out of places to go and quench your thirst! I can think of 5 bars off the top of my head! 2 of which are in the pools. Speaking of the pools...you'll be amazed! There are around 7 I think. The food is good. The best was at the Ovando. The other places were okay. Ddint care for Coconuts too much. You will have a ball. Be sure and go into Puerto Plata to shop and try some local fare too. The town is poor but the people are the friendliest I've met on vacation. Tell 'Heimie" hello from Chuck for us. He works the business office at the resort and will greet you when you check in. Anything else you need to know..just ask.
Daisy

maryanne

Mar 16, 2003
There was a fire in the main restaurant this past weekend at Sun Village. I'm not sure about the progress in repairing the damage but I do believe the restaurant is closed.

Thanks,
Maryanne

Last edited:

diana57

Oct 2, 2003
Fire at sun village

We were staying here 26th October- 9th Nov and the fire was on the middle Saturday of our stay. The sol y luna buffet restaurant, the Thai restaurant and the Mexican restaurant which were all under one roof all went up in flames. Also the saddle bar (which I loved) has gone. The hotel was very good and quickly made other arrangements for meals in the remaining two restaurants and also opened the drifters beach bar for lunches and mostly Thai food in the evenings. It was nice to have dinner at the drifters - something we would have missed out on if not for the fire.
The rebuilding of the restaurant according to hotel management would be finished by the new year. Bigger and better than before.

We also felt the earth tremor as reported elsewhere in the weather section. So with the fire and the quake, thank goodness we missed the flooding. When do you expect the plague of locusts to arrive????