Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default North American Newspapers

Hi all.

I've never been to the north coast. Can anyone tell me if newspapers from Canada and the US are available in Sosua, and how current they are when they arrive?

Thanks.

Tom

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never noticed any although the last thing I want is to be reminded of what I am not having whilst I am in Sosua.

Don't think so but not really sure. Never saw one.

Scott

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a place on the main street in Sosua that sells the Miami Herald. No more than one day old. Right now he seems to have only one copy, but would provide for you, i'm sure, if you wanted it on a daily basis.

But why do you want newspapers? All the big newspapers and news magazines have websites and you can get alll the latest news from them.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Newspapers

Ken,

You're right about the web sites, but if I'm just heading down for a couple of weeks, I'm not assured about gaining access to the net unless my hotel has access.

I guess my question should have been posted in the Travel Forum, not Living.

My only experience so far is with A/Is, and they charge about $5.00 US per 30 minutes, if i remember correctly.

Tom

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom,

In Sosua there are a number of internet cafes. Don't know what the present charge is, but cheap. I'd guess about RD$50/hour. I don't think any of the AIs in Sosua have internet cafes; too much local competition. Tell me what hotel you will be staying at and I'll tell you the closest internet cafe(s).

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Internet Cafes

Ken.

Thanks for your help. I haven't booked one yet, but it's good to know they're available.

Tom

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Not only available, but plentiful.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom - don't forget - you can get all the news from CNN while there. That has always pacified us (and I'm a newspaper junky!)

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a regular vendor on Cabarete beach that sells the New York Times, Miami Herald, and all main papers from Germany and one or two other countries - a day old.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh - Chris! you're right. I remember seeing them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast