A little help?

ryfool

Sep 13, 2003
Hi this is purely for info at the moment...But what are the chances of me (a 20yr uk male) workin in the DR for 6 -12 months?
Im only after some advice so no rudness! I mean what sort of jobs would i be able to get is it based upon experience jus like in the uk?
Thanks for any help sorry if i sound stupid!
:)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Unless you have some skill that is needed by the resort industry, very little chance. There are lots of Dominicans of the same age looking for work, and they speak Spanish.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Uh, ryfool

You didn't say if you had any special talent(s) that could be used.

Is it just you with your d--k in your hand or do you have something special to offer?

If not, then you already have yur answer, sorry. If you have something, let us know and perhaps we can steer you in the right direction...

HB

ryfool

Sep 13, 2003
How about

How about if i was a trainee Pharmacist or studying to be ....
?
English speaking only tho i assume this would be a problem?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
While pharmaciy training is a help

Most "farmacias" here work without a registered Pharmacist in attendance, so go figure.

And Spanish is a major requirement. No it is not hard to learn. total immersion will do it in about 6 months. Lots of suffering, but hte right attitude will win you some friends and a new language.

HB

Oedeskaug

Nov 1, 2003
The trick - the way i see it - is to find work where you come from and render it while you are in the DR.

For example maybe you could get a job replying to support inquiries trough e-mail, remember you don't need much money to get along in the DR so probably lots of companies would be interested.

Im sure you must know someone who has something you can do remotely, read around the boards and find out what kind of money you need.

~ Anders

ryfool

Sep 13, 2003
Yes

Yes i see what you mean.
You're saying get a job in UK for example email support and then take the experience with me to the DR with a little saved up cash and go from there?!

Oedeskaug

Nov 1, 2003
Errrr... no, i wasn't saying that, lol :)

Find a UK company, tell them you are going to the DR and you would like to make some money while you are there.

Since living in the DR is so cheap you probably won't need more than 1500 bucks, whats a regular pay in the UK?

See what i mean? its a win-win the company gets some cheap labor, and you get a good job while your in the DR.

Assuming you have a good english and don't need an eternity to get into the companies products and services (so you can be able to help others) this shoulden't be a problem.

Bring a laptop and a PCMCIA internet card (search the board) and a shitload of sunscreen!

~ Anders

ryfool

Sep 13, 2003
Right

Starting to get the idea now! Please would u send me a PM so we can chat some more! Thanks