Boca Chica, Just Back..Searching for return Air..

M

Mike

Just back from long weekend in Boca Chica, taking advantage of the recent fare of $99. plus tax ($169. total) on American from MIA.. Now, tring to plan return trip for later this summer, find nothing! only the same ol $300+ stuff..anyone with good fare source please advise..

Boca Chica Tidbits: (May 99)

Duarte street very slow, not many tourist, the one popular Italian resturant still doing good busines, rest seem empty.

Found budget hotel for 400pesos.

Exchange at cambio house 15.90 for usd. (15.65 at airport)

One local advised package available from Europe to Hamaca for seven nights with air only $400. per person? Could this be possible?

Was snatched/relieved of my eye glass's, my fault, out at 3am and only protected my wallet forgetting all about other pocket when approched by pack of 3 women..offered reward without questions to no avail..

Went to chicken fights three days, broke even, purchased four chickens total, made friends, lost no money, lived the life of the DR male for couple hours each day..

One tourist advised of recently opened hotel/condo type place but I failed to stop there, said great value at $40. per night, somewhere close to Calyspo/El Candil..(Not on beach but has pool)

Met several New England Ex-Pats, great guys..they live in SDQ, come over on weekends..

Taxi to/from airport still 150pesos, SDQ 300pesos from BC, 3 hour charter 500pesos.

Still no real supermarket in Boca Chica, I'm told only in the city..

Mike

T

tracy

As far as I know from England one week all inclusives this time of year are just over ?500 (around $800 I think)

R

ricky

Tracy, if u want to discover the real DR. You can do better than this. Email me if you are interseted on hearing about my vacation.