taxi ride to santo domingo from sosua. how much?

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
would anyone know the best way to hire some domincan for the day to take 4 women sightseeing in santo domingo? any idea as to the cost,of course in american $ and can they be trusted to be our guide? looking for a guide for march, anyone intersted? ill be in sosua at the sosua bay hotel,the new one. cheri

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I can recommend a relatively young, bilingual taxi driver who has both a car and a van. Very personable. I have recommended him to several dr1 posters and they were very pleased. Cost for the day, round trip, will probably be around US$100. Partly it will depend on what the price of gas is in March.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Hey Kunkster,
Let me give you a tip on seeing Santo Domingo. Take the bus. They are airconditioned, play full length English movies and cost about 3-4 bux for the Ride. Get to the terminal and take a cab to the Zona Colonial. Most of what you want to see it there.

I have a car in Sosua and that is the way I would do it. I have made the drive but it is tiring. I nap, read a book and look at the movie and get there feeling good. You may even want to spend a night there.

Scott

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
kunky said:
would anyone know the best way to hire some domincan for the day to take 4 women sightseeing in santo domingo? any idea as to the cost,of course in american $ and can they be trusted to be our guide? looking for a guide for march, anyone intersted? ill be in sosua at the sosua bay hotel,the new one. cheri

March 2004!

I suggest you ask again in February 2004.
A lot may change in the next 4-5 months.

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
hey robert, i go to the dr every year, and trust me, there is nothing that can stop me from getting on that plane. i plan this girls road trip each year, i guess you could say im the road planner, and i will be there in march. i like to be prepared before i go. ask me about all the medicine i take along with me.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
kunky said:
hey robert, i go to the dr every year, and trust me, there is nothing that can stop me from getting on that plane. i plan this girls road trip each year, i guess you could say im the road planner, and i will be there in march. i like to be prepared before i go. ask me about all the medicine i take along with me.
Kunky, believe it or not, he was trying to tell you that you should ask in 4 to 5 months because prices WILL go up. You can buy something right now for a peso, and in 5 months buy the same thing 10 pesos. Just keep that in mind.

pasha

Sep 4, 2003
Hell....

kunky said:
i plan this girls road trip each year, i guess you could say im the road planner, and i will be there in march. i like to be prepared before i go. ask me about all the medicine i take along with me.
sounds like you're the one best to answer your own question if you do that every year. What kind of medicine do you take along?

Best, P

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
medecine? well lets start with gravol, midol (u never know when the f**** thing sneaks up on you) tylenol for the hangovers, caneston (yeast infections due to staying in the pool too long) not too funny guys!!! cold flu med just in case, am i forgetting anything? probably, no the most importante, IMMODIUM!!!!! and yes 2 of the girls are single, lots of fun. 2 are married, 1 sort of separated. lives in same house, but fighting roomies, and if u read my posts well, you'll figure out, pass judgement, and come to your own conclusions.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
FYI, I paid US$120 for a cab ride from SD airport to Puerto Plata (30 mins closer compared to Sosua,) leaving SD at 11pm. This was around November 3rd.

pasha

Sep 4, 2003
Naw.....

kunky said:
medecine? .... the most importante, IMMODIUM!!!!! ......... and if u read my posts well, you'll figure out, pass judgement, and come to your own conclusions.
no need to pass judgment. Conclusions already reached. You know, Kunky, I can never get over the fact that women get the poops too. Reckon it's just the Peter Pan in me. Thanks for the list and

Best, P

kunky

Oct 6, 2003
if the sosua bay hotel had extensive damage, then should the travel agent know about this? im sure they will, but id hate to pay all the money and find out its shitty. how do i go about finding out any info on the place?