Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up taxi ride to santo domingo from sosua. how much?

would anyone know the best way to hire some domincan for the day to take 4 women sightseeing in santo domingo? any idea as to the cost,of course in american $ and can they be trusted to be our guide? looking for a guide for march, anyone intersted? ill be in sosua at the sosua bay hotel,the new one. cheri

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I can recommend a relatively young, bilingual taxi driver who has both a car and a van. Very personable. I have recommended him to several dr1 posters and they were very pleased. Cost for the day, round trip, will probably be around US$100. Partly it will depend on what the price of gas is in March.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Kunky I'm moving this thread to the travel section under General.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kunkster,
    Let me give you a tip on seeing Santo Domingo. Take the bus. They are airconditioned, play full length English movies and cost about 3-4 bux for the Ride. Get to the terminal and take a cab to the Zona Colonial. Most of what you want to see it there.

I have a car in Sosua and that is the way I would do it. I have made the drive but it is tiring. I nap, read a book and look at the movie and get there feeling good. You may even want to spend a night there.

Scott

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: taxi ride to santo domingo from sosua. how much?

Originally posted by kunky
    would anyone know the best way to hire some domincan for the day to take 4 women sightseeing in santo domingo? any idea as to the cost,of course in american $ and can they be trusted to be our guide? looking for a guide for march, anyone intersted? ill be in sosua at the sosua bay hotel,the new one. cheri
    March 2004!

I suggest you ask again in February 2004.
    A lot may change in the next 4-5 months.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

hey robert, i go to the dr every year, and trust me, there is nothing that can stop me from getting on that plane. i plan this girls road trip each year, i guess you could say im the road planner, and i will be there in march. i like to be prepared before i go. ask me about all the medicine i take along with me.

I didn't last long...
    Post Thanks / Like

hey robert, i go to the dr every year, and trust me, there is nothing that can stop me from getting on that plane. i plan this girls road trip each year, i guess you could say im the road planner, and i will be there in march. i like to be prepared before i go. ask me about all the medicine i take along with me.
    Kunky, believe it or not, he was trying to tell you that you should ask in 4 to 5 months because prices WILL go up. You can buy something right now for a peso, and in 5 months buy the same thing 10 pesos. Just keep that in mind.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hell....

i plan this girls road trip each year, i guess you could say im the road planner, and i will be there in march. i like to be prepared before i go. ask me about all the medicine i take along with me.
    sounds like you're the one best to answer your own question if you do that every year. What kind of medicine do you take along?

Best, P

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

My opinion is that you take the metro bus. It is a long ride.
    mk

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Any of you girls single? I may want to go in March and take you guys around for free
    Badpiece

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast