Complexes

DRdiving

Nov 2, 2003
Thanks very much for the info. Does El Neptuno have a website? Are there any other complexes in Sosua or Cabarete that you would recommend?

On average, how much would one pay for a 2 bdrm apt in one of these complexes these days? How much would be the maintenance fees be and how much would yearly property taxes be?

Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance!

Chris.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I don't know if El Neptuno has a website and if they do I don't know about it. I have a condo there and have a lot of info on my website about it since I rent it out for vacations of 1-2 weeks usually.

http://www.dominicancondorentals.com is the site.

I would be happy to answer questions you may have and there are several others here with Condos there as well who are more than happy to give you info. Ken, Alanindr, Island Treats and myself are owners there on this board that I know of and possibly others.

Condos are selling from 60's to 90's there and other than the ones the 4 or us own there are only 13 others in total.

Scott

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
DRdiving, it gets very confusing if you start a thread each time you have a question relating to a previous response. This question, for example, should have gone in the same thread as your previous question and my response. Down at bottom of each thread are two buttons: one is to start a new thread, the other is to post a reply. It is the reply button you should be clicking, not the new thread button.

DRdiving

Nov 2, 2003

I totally meant to continue the previous thread, not start a new one. Sorry, a newbie mistake!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
This is not a bad place. I was there to see a friend. Problem is that it is a big walk to town and expecially back at night.

30k does NOT get you a 2 bedroom there either which I saw was what you were looking for. Check square meters and compare. 10.28 Sq. Ft. to a m2. 2 bedroom at El Neptuno is 115 to 127 m2.

Scott

Island Treats

Sep 5, 2003
SOSUALIVING.COM
DRdiving,
If you're serious about purchasing then El Neptuno is where you get value for your dollar. Round the clock electricity,security,pool,minutes from town or Sosua beach,excellent management and the best neighbors you could hope for. O yea by BTW the price range today will seem like a steal by next year. I can attest to that a year ago and $40ish later. As per Escott recomendation email him or email me at :wwednomo2@codetel.net.do for more details.

DRdiving

Nov 2, 2003
El Neptuno

So how much would you expect a 2 bdrm in El Neptuno to cost? How much would the monthly maintainance fees be? For those of you that rent out your condos, do you do it independently or are there rental agencies that will rent and prep/clean them for a cut?

Why do you feel that the price will be higher next year, what do you see as the main factors?

Thanks,
Chris.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Maintenence was 285 a month US$ but less now because of the downward spiral of the peso. That should go down next meeting.

What the prices will be next year is a matter of opinion. My chrystal ball broke last week so I can no longer tell you. I rent my condo out by myself. They get too damn much money to do it for you and they don't guarrantee success.

Hope I got all the answers covered.

Scott

DRdiving

Nov 2, 2003
Scott,

That does answer my question, thanks a lot. Hey, if you get that crystal ball fixed lemme know, I'd like to find a few 100 baggers in the stock market so I can retire down there faster ;)

Thank again.

Chris.