To sell or to hold on a bit? That is the question

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Todays X-Rate is 40X1. I've been watching the rates climb for a week now. I have to pay some peso bills and I've been waiting for the dollar to reach a peak in order to sell some.

It now feels like I am playing black jack should I sell some dollars now or is there still margin to make some more pesos in the exchange?

FGUnsworth1

Oct 18, 2003
Exchange Rate

Yes. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.You will never go broke taking a profit. If you are able to revisit a profit all the better. Very few break the bank!

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Margin

I see no indications that the exchange rate will drop, and all the news that I read indicates the opposite. I'd hang on until the last minute on all of my exchanges to Dominican Pesos.

my two cents,
m

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Thanks!
I think I will hold on till tomorrow and see what happens early in the morning

Apr 26, 2002
This is a good time to buy pesos for the medium term. It sounds like the IMF/US Treasury is about to say to Hippo, "okay, we'll give you another US$200M because you sent troops to Iraq, but you really have to be a good boy this time. We really mean it this time." The result of the infusion will be a short time fall of the Dollar to below 35.

Of course, Hippo will f_ck with the proceeds again. Long term prediction: The sky's the limit, baby.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I like to "Average In"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have $$$$ in the US that I almost never brought to the DR to change,except for emergencies! That is until the last 3 months!! I took out 1000 dollars at 30 to 1,1000 out at 35 to 1,"Both Times" when it reached 37 to 1!
Today I took out 1000 at 40 to 1.I was holding out for 37 or 38 to 1,but it went right by those levels so fast I didn't have time to change money!

I will now wait for 43 or more to change again.
I only do this,as I have some expenses right now,baby coming,and to "splurge" a little for the Holidays!Not good to "Change and Hold" pesos!

I do a mental conversion daily from US$$$ to Pesos with the money I have in the US.Wow,am I RICH!!!

Looks like "Real Retirement" coming soon! My job here pays in pesos,and they "SUCK"!What was a great salary 6 years ago,is "walking around money" today!

How can the Dominicans without dollars survive??

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC