If $1US=40RD, then 1Presidente=RD?

beano

Oct 29, 2003
I'm just curious how much the prices have gone up on local goods. The exchange rate was 16=1 the last visit. Will I be getting crazy deals or have all of the prices already readjusted? Thanks

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Prices pretty much have adjusted to low to mid 30s. If you were here today, you would benefit from devaluation the last couple of days. But the process of adjustment is ongoing.

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
if you buy your beer by the case its still about 15 pesos
per bottle.
most places charge you the fair price of 40-45 pesos per bottle
O'sheas in Cabarete charges you more then double .
which really is a huge rip of.
Lucy's right beside bario Latino same stretch of beach charges you 35 peso for the same beer.
So beer prices are extremely fair here.

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
The menus for food and drinks at Onno's Bar in Cabarete are since quite a long time in US$.
Last time when I checked, when the Dollar was on the street about 32 Pesos, they still calculated in the bar with 28.
One presidente at Onno's is 2 US$, so at this time they charged 56 Pesos.

Don't know how much they charge now in Pesos, I will check on saturday.

Tip: right between Onno's and Bario Latino is a little bar called "La Cosita". There you can get the beer and cuba libre much much cheaper.

quaqualita

beano

Oct 29, 2003
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to be in Cabarete for a few days. I'll be staying in Bahia de Arenas, where I always stay. So, I appreciate the heads up on drink prices on the beach. So, roughly $2 for a small Presidente is the norm. I figured they would adjust the beer prices as soon as they could.

Paul Thate

Jan 11, 2002
well as you can see in my first post the beer company
has not increased their prices at all.
so all the people charging in dollars are just taking advantage
the dollar chargers are just rip of artist.
I give my business to the few good ones that still charge in pesos.
Those people need to be supported for their effort.
As quaqualita mentioned La Cosita (drinks only)
La Cassita ( closed for a months ) Lax and a few others.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
As of last Thursday, Presidente had not increased their price. Unless major increases follow the trend, you should still find your beer for around 40.00 pesos or (Now US$1.00) LOL. Who knows what's going to happen tomorrow. Still a lot cheaper than $3/$5 in the real world.

Last edited:

beano

Oct 29, 2003
So, what is the price of a small Presidente in a bar now? Cabarete? Sosua? Santo Domingo?
Six more days, and we're in the sun.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi beano,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

I believe I read a posting from Eddy (Eddy's Sports Bar in Sosua) where his new price was going to be $50RD pesos.

Gregg

Camachosoft

Nov 18, 2003
well...

in a "colmado" one "peque?a" cost RD$25.00, one "fria grande" cost RD$35.00 (in someones cost RD$40.00)

i used a "colmado" as reference cause that is the place where you find the cheapest President