Costs of things in pesos

CanadianZ

Oct 25, 2003
I am travelling to the Puerto Plata in January and am very much looking forward to the trip. I was wondering about the costs of things while I am there. I am staying in an all inclusive resort but really want to check out a few local restaurants, shops and bars.

What do things cost in pesos roughly??

Presidente in a bar??
- at the store?

Meals??

I know this is kind of a tough question but I am just trying to get a rough idea. Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Tony

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
This is too soon to post your question. Wait until mid December. I assume the price of a Presidente isn't going to influence your decision on whether or not to come.

Right now peso in state of extreme uncertainty. January a long way away with respect to prices and exchange rates. Anything can happen

CanadianZ

Oct 25, 2003
Ken said:
This is too soon to post your question. Wait until mid December. I assume the price of a Presidente isn't going to influence your decision on whether or not to come.

Right now peso in state of extreme uncertainty. January a long way away with respect to prices and exchange rates. Anything can happen

No, the cost of a presidente is not going to influence my decision to go on the trip. I was just curious.

Tony

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Start a new thread closer to date of your trip. Prices will be closer to accurate then. If you read the news summary for today, you will see what I am talking about relative to the exchange rate and its effect on prices.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
A Presidente in a bar / resturant is 35 - 40 pesos. At Disco / nightclub it is about 50 pesos. Its the same prices for Cuba libres.