BJJ Clubs in DR

MONCHI8

Jul 9, 2003
Hello,

I was just wondering if there were any Brazilian Ju-Jitsu dojos or clubs in Santo Domingo. I've tried to find information on the web and in the archives but no luck. Any info would help. Thanks Ramon.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
I bet Rob the former capoeira master knows!;)

P.S. There reportedly is a capoeira dojo in La Vega, in case you're interested.

Last edited:

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
Not sure

We met some guys at the Plaza Internacional a while back who were into free style full contact. Nice people, sounded like an interesting club. They were from the other side of Puerta Plata (from Sosua). Can't remember the name of the place. Big resort area.

If you find a JJ dojo in this part of the country (Santiago area), let us know. That's Danny's bag. Our son, on the other hand, is the full contact type. Me, I just cringe and observe.

Dianne

PS; Don't mess with the Jazzman or his daughter will beat you up!

oniblast

Apr 26, 2003
Vale Tudo

There is a Vale Tudo academy in Santo Domingo....this people have been the ones training dominicans for the UFC fights held there. It is located in Avenida Bolivar between Hermanos Deligne and Socorro Sanchez.

Peace

MONCHI8

Jul 9, 2003
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Vale Tudo Club is more that I could have hoped for. Does anyone know the name of this place and a phone number would be helpful. I plan to be there in a week and will definerely check it out. Thanks everyone for your replies. Ramon