Christmas Get together for New Yorkers

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I'm posting this early based on the fact that it took us well over 200 posts to put the DR1 NY re-union

Those of you that attended that nite might recall that we "have" $50.00 in the pot already from our friend Zues. So---any interest in a getting a group together early in Dec. for some drinking, dancing, eating?? If so we need suggestionss-time, place etc.

BTW--if he doesn't come up with the $50-its on me all in the spirit
of Christmas cheer. :>

JOHN

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
I will go John! I think Scotty might be in the DR... but everyone else should be around. As far as suggestions - I'll let everyone else post 47 times each and then I'll let you know what I think. ;)

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
First salvo of suggestions

Me thinks the following:
1) Have the get together sometime in the first 2 weeks of Dec. as it gets closer to Christmas many of us have other types of commitments

2) Must have great bar, music, dance--lively spot

3) One stop shopping-(not having dinner in one place and moving)

4) A Friday night - might be easier at that time of the year.

5) Manhattan venue

Other than that -great people, good cheer and let the suggestions flow.

JOHN

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Here we go again.

Lets see how many post it will take this time to get 4 people together in a restaurant with tasteless food and a bill of 120 dollars / person. Sounds like a ton of fun. I bet larry would miss his DR trip just to be there.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
here we go again

azb--you're right ,here we go again with your Mr. Butinski. What do you care about this tread anyway? Cheesh, you would think we were spending your money. Maybe some of here in NY have the money to piss away and enjoy pissing it away. Or maybe (your opinion) we just damm fools? In any event I dont see the point of your reply.

JOHN

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Dec. 12th

I'm ok with the 12th -but we need more input here over the next week so that we can have as many people as possible to attend.

JOHN

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Redeemed Zeus.. Drinks are on me..

Johne, Drinks are on me ( as for myself, will have Iced tea). Just let me know when and where. I want to shake hands with all of you at the last gathering, and express my apologies for my screw-up.

AZB, HB, D&D: I'll be in Santiago from Nov 27th thru Dec 1st. Email me if you guys want to join me for a COLD One at Ahibar..

AH !! Yes, I'll pick up the TAB. Cell no. 426-9268, after 4:pm on 11/27/03, after plugging in pre-paid card..

Zeus ( no longer Primus inter pares)

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Scott gets his In the DR

Scott-judging from Zeus's posting I guess you're going to get your buyback drink while Zeus is in the DR. If youre in NY for the NY thing you get TWO drinks. :>

JOHN

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Re: Here we go again.

AZB said:
Lets see how many post it will take this time to get 4 people together in a restaurant with tasteless food and a bill of 120 dollars / person. Sounds like a ton of fun. I bet larry would miss his DR trip just to be there. [/QUOTE

I didnt plan a DR trip then but thats always a possibility. If I am in NY I will come. Would love to meet you all.

Larry

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Dec. is good for me but would have to be a Sat. If your willing to accomodate count me in.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
starting to need some suggestions

In the first week of posting we already have about 5-6 people that can make it on the 12th of Dec, (or want to attend a get-together)

Would like to get some suggestion as to venue. Also would like to get more of the people from the NY re-union to respond if they can make it.

JOHN

P.s. remember first round on Zues limited to the first 100 people. LOL

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Re: starting to need some suggestions

johne said:
Would like to get some suggestion as to venue. Also would like to get more of the people from the NY re-union to respond if they can make it.

The 12th sounds good to me.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Lina first to fire

Thanks Forbecca and Linamia for the quick reply. You know the old expression " a day without Forbecca and Lina is like a day without sunshine"

Lina fired the first salvo of restaurant suggestions. Keep firing guys.

JOHN

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
12th is OK. Only prob. with Jubilee is that it's quite far, it's basically at the LaGuardia airport. But I would like to check it out.

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Re: Lina first to fire

johne said:
Thanks Forbecca and Linamia for the quick reply. You know the old expression " a day without Forbecca and Lina is like a day without sunshine"

Lina fired the first salvo of restaurant suggestions. Keep firing guys.

JOHN

Do we want basically the same thing as last time? if so, I'll let you guys pick a place since I'm not familiar with dominican places in the tri-state area.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Rancho check-out

Bugs-I dont live too far from there .I just called them and found that they have music/dancing Thurs. and Fri. Im going to try and get by there on Thurs nite for a drink or two. Let you know the results

JOHN