Personal Training

Adrienne

Nov 6, 2003
I'm a personal trainer from New York. I've been doing this for the past 10 years. I'm not the kind of trainer who focuses on bodybuilding and heavy competition; my areas of emphasis are functional training, toning, losing weight, and just becoming more fit in general. Having said that, is there a market for one-on-one training (not confined to a gym) in DR? Do people (other than guys who want to become Arnold Schwarzeneggers) work out there? I will be moving to Sosua in December and would like to work there but don't know what the opportunities are. Thanks for your input.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
We already have an outstanding, certified personal trainer in Sosua, an expat from the US. She is very popular because of her skills and her personality and has a large number of clients, including my wife and I. Her interests are much like yours. I'll let her know about the thread you started in case she wants to contact you by email or PM.

Keep in mind that what you are able to charge in the DR is considerably less than you can get in the US.

Kiteman

Aug 25, 2002
If Ken is referring to Wanda Brown,

I will add that she is an excellent personal trainer and a wonderful person. She is the wife of the real-estate broker Dean Brown and they both are exceptional people. Wanda, as I understand it, is also a nurse and as many will attest, really knows her stuff.