Arriving this Saturday, Forecast for Rain all week????

barbchuck

Oct 14, 2003
Hello everyone,

I am arriving Saturday Nov. 8th.
I just checked AOL Travel and the forecast for the La Romana area and almost all of the DR shows rain, thunderstorms, clouds..
Any chance the reports are wrong?
If you can cheer me up that would be greatly appreciated.
We had a short, rainy , cloudy summer in Connecticut, USA..and I am in need of some sunshine.

Any suggestions on what to do or see if it does rain all day, everyday that we are there?

Thank You,

Barb

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
I also live in CT!! This weather SUCKS!! On each of our trips to the DR I check the weather forecasts usually around a week in advance, each and EVERY time they say rain or thunder storms. We made three trips to Puerto Plata last winter and out of 22 days we had around 19 days of sun and only one really rainy day. Have a great trip and enjoy the sun!!

John in Stratford

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Anytime I've been to La Ramana, it has rained everyday:

at 2 pm for 15 minutes!!

Enjoy yourself!

barbchuck

Oct 14, 2003
WOW! Thank You for that link! Awesome..

Well,
That is much better!

Showers off and on OK.. I am hoping for that forecast..looks good to me!

But,
AOL says cloudy, lightening..rain...
I agree, they suck!

Thank you Guys!

i am sooo! Excited..1st time coming there!

Barb

stan chapman

Nov 28, 2002
It's only water

Anyone remember semana santa 2003 in Las Galeras? We still had a great time even though we had to sit down to dinner with towels instead of pants at a friend's casa, after a short walk from ours. Oh yes, we did wear ponchos but the rain bounced up from the (road?)

In Scotland, where it has been known to rain a bit, My Grandfather would say " Your skin's waterproof, your arse is watertight, keep your mouth shut & you'll come to no harm"

We also weathered a 3 day tropical depression in Puerto Plata on another visit. We found entertainment value in watching the local aversion to rain. I have never understood why people rush out of the sea when it starts to rain. Think of it as liquid sunshine, go with the idea of enjoying your visit then make it so. Good luck. Stan.