Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default So is anybody talkin............

.........about a New Years party yet. I would think a DR1 takeover of some joint on the beach in Cabarete would make for a hell of a memorable way to bring in the New Year. Any thoughts?

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I Agree!

What a great idea! Everybody who wants to invade the CAMDEN's place say 'Aye!' The Aye's have it by a landslide!

OK. Let's all meet at Camden Tom's place (PM XR for directions) starting at about noon-ish on New Year's Eve. No need to BYOB. C.Tom will supply. Be there or be square!

Tom (aka XR)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not exactly what I meant.

BTW XR, can you believe those Vikes. The great Dante' returns and they crater. And the defense, PU
    Last edited by Camden Tom; 11-13-2003 at 02:12 PM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OK, lets try this again

Now a full month has gone by since I started this thread. New Years eve is a lot closer. Certainly there must be some of you folks that are thinking that dining and cocktails on the beach holds a certain amount of appeal. Any thoughts?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Has a Christmas party been planned?

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Only One ...

... But it was billed as the 'Last' Supper. Several DR1'ers have said that would go on that condition only but it is not clear that it will, in fact, actually be the 'Last' so go figure.

Tom, so you're not paying for the booze? :: smile :: Fine. Well, I will contribute a gallon jug of wine with a metal screw-on cap to the party if that helps?

Tom (aka XR)
    Last edited by DR1Admin; 12-14-2003 at 10:48 PM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default C'mon Tom.....

.....bite the bullet old chap!!! Like it or not, we'll also pop along and contribute some red water - could start off a grand day??
    Think that we're planning a night at La Casita, but have to talk to Pappy first??
    Peter & Alex

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: OK, lets try this again

Originally posted by Camden Tom
    Now a full month has gone by since I started this thread. New Years eve is a lot closer. Certainly there must be some of you folks that are thinking that dining and cocktails on the beach holds a certain amount of appeal. Any thoughts?
    I'd be up for dining and cocktails on the beach. Where I come from, this is very traditional - people bring their sleeping bags, picnics and so on and usually make a great big bonfire on the beach to see the new year in --- quite a community affair --- Right through to breakfast the next morning.

But then again, I come from that 'uncivilised' place at the end of Africa where community is still a big thing. :-)

How many takers for a picnic on the beach?
    How many takers for a restaurant on the beach?

I'm happy to do the arrangements.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default YEA Chris

Both ideas sound wonderful. Mary and I would be up for either. We would also be happy to be the initial gathering spot for pre-festivity cocktails. (refreshments included XR and Peter) Chris, what ever plans you come up with, count us in.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yaaaaaaaaaay!!! Finally, we're talking New Year's Eve. Camden and I have just been emailing about what to do.

Doug and I would love to be on the Cabarete beach with you all. I'd like to eat meal in beachside restaurant, then build bonfire on beach, Chris.

Camden - We could start at your house and everyone bring a bottle of something or snacks, etc. '

I also want to do snow angel in the sand - take pic - and email to friends back home.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast